- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Shape Optimization of MIL-S-46119 Ring Obturator Under the High Pressure
고압을 받는 MIL-S-46119 원형 밀폐링의 형상 최적화
- Published : 2003.01.01
The optimal design for the shape of MIL-S-46119 ring obturator under the high pressure using parameter stud:』 on the stress analysis considering effects of design variable is presented, and it is compared to experimental results. The trends of parametric study are in good agreement with the experimental results. The more thickness the higher stress. The more taper the higher stress. And maximum stress of circumferential surface is larger than maximum stress of forward surface. The design variable!; are such as thickness, taper, radius of shape of the obturator. In order to optimize the shape of obturation ring, the weight is maximized subject to maximum stress of the obturator within allowable stress. The design constraints are geometric elements of design variables.
Obturation Ring;Artillery;Breech;Forward Surface;Circumferential Surface;Stress Analysis;Firing Pressure;Design Variable
- Kohnke, 2000, ANSYS User's Manual, Theory, Swanson Analysis Systems Inc.
- Department of Defense, US, 1984, 'Alternate Design for 81MM M374/375 Obturator,' AD902625
- Department of Defense, US, 1984, 'The Effects of Obturator on Gun Tube Wear,' ADA208104
- B. Lawton and M. P. B. Laird, 1996, 'Influence of Gas Leakage on Heat Transfer and Wear in Gun Barrels,' 16th International Symposium on Ballistics, pp. 173-181
- Ahn Choong Ho, 1996, 'Optimal Structural Design for Electro-magnetic Launcher,' Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 9, No.2
- Department of Defence, US, 1975, 'Steel Forgings, Tubular Parts for Cannon,' MIL-S-46119, Military Specification
- K. Lingaiah, 1994, 'Machine Design Data Hand-Book,' McGraw-Hili Co.
- HKS Inc., 1998, ABAQUS ver. 5.8 Theory Manual
- HKS Inc., 1998, ABAQUSlExp1icit ver. 5.8 User's Manual
- Lee Young Shin, 2001, 'Development of Design Techniques of Plastic Ankle Foot Orthosis for the Hemiplegics(I),' Journal of KSME, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 7-14 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.1.007
- Vanderplaats, G.N., 1984, 'Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design : with Applications,' McGraw-Hili Co.
- Han Tae Ho, 1997, 'A Development of Metal Ring Obturator of New Self-Propelled Howitzer,' Technical Report, GWSD-519-970591, Agency for Defense Development
- Lee Young Shin, 1999, 'Stress Analysis for Breech System of the Howitzer,' KSME Symposium, Vol. 2, pp. 430-435
- Nam Suk Hyun, 1991, 'Sensitivity Analysis of Shape Optimal Design Using Finite Element Method,' M.S. Thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejon, Korea
- Department of Defense, US, 1984, 'Process Study of 81MM Split Ring Obturator,' AD920011