- Volume 27 Issue 1
Ultrasonic flowmeters have more advantages than the conventional method using pressure-difference. In these reasons, many advanced nations are already selling the commercial model. In RIST, we have been developed ultrasonic gas flow meter for the localization since a project was been contracted with POSCO in 1997. This paper describes a new ultrasonic gas flowmeter. This ultrasonic gas flowmeter is developed for accurate measurement of gases in a harsh environmental conditions. It is especially suited for measuring LDG. COG, BFG gases produced in iron & steel making process. In this study, we had developed the commercial model about the first tested model and applied a completed system to the POSCO gas line. Its performance has been proven by extensive field tests for several months in POSCO, iron & steel making company.
Ultrasonic Flowmeter;Gas Flowmeter;Transit Time Difference;Ultrasonic Transducer
- David Clayton, 1998, 'Ultrasonic Flowmeters Get the Nod,' Control Engineering, pp. 124-130
- Vaterlaus, Hans-Peter, 1995, 'A New Intelligent Ultrasonic Flowmeter for Closed Conduits and Open Channels,' Water-Power '95, pp. 999-1008
- Miller, R.W., 1983, Flow Measurement Engineering Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book
- Marco Dell'Isola, Mauro Cannizzo, Matteo Diritti., 1997, 'Measurement of High-Pressure Natural Gas Flow Using Ultrasonic Flowmeters,' Measurenent, 20, pp. 75-89 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-2241(97)00016-X
- Paik, J.S., Park, K.M., Song, K.W, 1991, 'Fluid Flow Measurements,' KRlSS-91-164-ET, pp. 181-199