- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Optimum Design of Endosseous Implant in Dentistry by Multilevel Optimization Method
다단계 최적화 기법을 이용한 치과용 골내 임플란트의 형상 최적 설계
- Published : 2003.01.01
In this paper, an optimum design problem for endosseous implant in dentistry is studied to find best implant design. An optimum design problem is formulated to reduce stresses arising at the cortical as well as cancellous bones, in which sufficient design parameters are chosen fur design definition that encompasses major implants in popular use. Optimization at once (OAO) with the large number of design variables, however, causes too costly solution or even failure to converge. A concept of multilevel optimization (MLO) is employed to this end, which is to group the design variables of similar nature, solve the sub-problem of smaller size fur each group in sequence, and this is iterated until convergence. Each sub-problem is solved based on the response surface method (RSM) due to its efficiency for small sized problem. Favorable solution is obtained by the MLO, which is compared to both solutions made by RSM and sequential quadratic programming (SQP) in the OAO problem.
- Vanderplaats, G. N. and Moses, F., 1972, 'Automated design of trusses for optimum geometry,' Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, Vol. 98, No. ST3, pp. 671-690
- VisualDoc Theorical Manual, Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc.
- Rieger, M. R., Adams W. K., and Kinzel G.L., 1989,' Finte element analysis of bone-adapted and bone-bonded endosseous implants,' The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, Vol.62, pp. 436-440 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(89)90178-9
- Lozada J. L., Abbate M.F., Pizzarello F.A., and James R.A., 1994,' Comparative 3-dimensional analysis of two finite-element endosseous implant designs,' Journal of Oral Implant, Vol.20
- Hyun, Y. K., and Kwon, J. J., 1997 ' Three-dimensional finite element analysis of the endosseous implant designs,' The journal of Korean Academy of Prosthodontics, Vol. 35 pp. 181-205
- Jang, K. S., Kim, Y. S., and Kim, C. W., 1997,' Three dimensional finite analysis on the minimum contact fraction of bone-implant interface,' The journal of Korean Academy of Prosthodontics, Vol. 35, pp. 627-640
- ANSYS Structural analysis guide release 5.6, 1999, Swanson Analysis System Inc., Houston, PA
- Vanderplaats, G. N., 1984, Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design, McGraw-Hill
- Belegundu, A. D. and Chandrupatla, T. R.,1999, Optimization Concepts and Applications in Engineering, Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- MULTI STAGE SHAPE OPTIMIZATION OF CENTRIFUGAL FAN FOR HOME APPLIANCE USING CFD vol.21, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6112/kscfe.2016.21.3.039