- Volume 32 Issue 1
Radiation induced markers were investigated for the detection of irradiated oranges imported from America. In the DNA comet assay, the non-irradiated and irradiated samples showed the comets with long tails in both seed and flesh. Though this tendency was maintained for 6 weeks, identification of non-irradiated or irradiated samples was impossible. In the thermoluminescence (TL) measurement, the non-irradiated samples revealed a glow curve with low intensity at about 28
- Kwon YJ, Huh EY, Kwon JH, Byun MW. 1999. Quarantine status of agricultural products for export and application prospects of irradiation technology. Food Science and Industry 32: 80-90.
- Jessup AJ. 1998. Response of 'Lambert' and 'Ron's Seedling' sweet cherries to fumigation with methyl bromide plus cold storage. Aust J Exp Agric 28: 431-434. https://doi.org/10.1071/EA9880431
- Gould WP, Sharp JL. 1990. Cold-storage quarantine treatment for carambolas infested with the caribbean fruit fly (Diptera: Tephritidae). J Econ Entomol 83: 458-460. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/83.2.458
- Delate KM, Brecht JK, Coffelt JA. 1990. Controlled atmosphere treatments for control of sweet potato weevil (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in stored tropical sweet potatoes. J Econ Entomol 83: 461-465. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/83.2.461
- Couey M. 1989. Heat treatment for control of postharvest diseases and insect pests of fruits. Hortscience 24: 198-202.
- UNEP. 1995. Montreal protocol on substances that deplete the ozone layer. Report of the methyl bromide technical options committee. p 294.
- IAEA. 1991. Analytical detection methods for irradiated foods. A review of current literature. IAEA-TECDOC-587. p 172.
- Delinceee H. 1998. Detection of food treated with ionizing radiation. Trends in Food Sci Tech 9: 73-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-2244(98)00002-8
- Delinceee H. 2002. Analytical methods to identify irradiated food-a review. Radiat Phys Chem 63: 455-458. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(01)00539-4
- IAEA. 2001. International atomic energy agency homepage. www.iaea.org/icgfi.
- KATI. 2001. Korea agricultural trade information homepage. www.kati.co.kr.
- Cerda H, Delincee H, Haine H, Rupp H. 1997. The DNA “comet assay” as a rapid screening technique to control irradiated food. Mutation Research 375: 167-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0027-5107(97)00012-2
- European Committee for standard. 1997. Detection of irradiated food from which silicate minerals can be isolated. Method by thermoluminescence. English version of DIN EN 1788.
- European Committee for standard. 2000. Detection of irradiated food containing cellulose. Method by ESR spectroscopy. English version of DIN EN 1787.
- Larmond E. 1973. Methods for sensory evaluation of foods. Canada department of Agriculture, Publication 1284. p 27- 30.
- Origin. 1999. Origin tutorial manual. version 6.0. Microcal Software Inc., Northampton, MA. p 20-45.
- SAS. 2001. SAS Users guide. version 8.1. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Kim SM, Park EJ, Yang JS, Kang MH. 2001. Changes of DNA fragmentation by irradiation doses and storage in gammairradiated fruits. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 594-598.
- Cerda H. 1998. Detection of irradiated frozen food with the DNA comet assay; Interlaboratory test. J Sci Food Agric 76: 435-442. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0010(199803)76:3<435::AID-JSFA969>3.0.CO;2-X
- Chung HW, Delincee H, Han SB, Hong JH, Kim HY, Kwon JH. 2002. Characteristics of DNA comet, photostimulated luminescence, thermoluminescence and hydrocarbon in perilla seeds exposed to electron beam. J Food Sci 67: 2517-2522. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2002.tb08769.x
- Oduko JM, Spyrou NM. 1990. Thermoluminescence of irradiated foodstuffs. Radiat Phys Chem 36: 603-607.
- Kwon JH, Jeong JY, Chung HW. 2002. Thermoluminescence characteristics of minerals from irradiated potatoes of different origins of production. Radiat Phys Chem 63: 415-418. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(01)00590-4
- Hammerton KM, Banos C. 1996. Detection of irradiated spices by thermoluminescence analysis. In Detection Methods for Irradiated Foods. McMurray CH, Stewart EM, Gray R, Pearce J, eds. The Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK. p 168-171.
- Kispeter J, Delincee H, Kiss LI. 1996. Influence of mineral composition on the thermoluminescence of irradiated foodstuffs. Acta Alimentaria 25: 199-202.
- Khan HM, Bhatti IA, Delincée H. 2002. Thermoluminescence of contaminating minerals for the detection of radiation treatment of dried fruit. Radiat Phys Chem 63: 403- 406. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(01)00630-2
- Desrosiers MF, McLaughlin WL. 1989. Examination of gamma-irradiated fruits and vegetables by electron spin resonance spectroscopy. Radiat Phys Chem 34: 895-898.