- Volume 32 Issue 1
In development of the processed food, it is important not only to make the food delicious but to enhance its storage span and thermal stability without change in color, which greatly affects the tastes. Protopectinase (PPase) from Bacillus subtilis EK11 hydrolyses or dissolves protopectin in the middle lamella of plant tissues with the resultant separation of plant cells from each other, called enzymatic maceration. With the PPase, persimmon was enzymatically macerated to separate cells to primary cell wall without damage. Recovery rates of persimmon treated with PPase and mechanical maceration were 95% and 85%, respectively. Total and reducing sugars, crude protein and fat in the enzymatic maceration were well preserved as in the mechanical maceration. Importantly, over 50% of vitamin C, which is the most unstable component during the mechanical maceration, remained with an intact form for one day after the enzymatic treatment. When the suspensions of persimmon macerated with both treatments were stored at 4
- Kim JG, Choi SH, Kim WJ Oh HI. 1995. Physical and sensory characteristics of persimmon jam prepared with enzyme treated persimmon juice. Korean J Food Sci 15: 50-54.
- Moon SH, Park KY. 1995. Antimutagenic effects of boiled water extract and tannin from persimmon leaves. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 24: 880-886.
- Shinji F, Hiroshi H. 1979. Hypotensive principles of Diospyros kaki leaves. Chem Pharm Bull 27: 2865-2869. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.27.2865
- Yu TJ. 1976. Food carte. PakMyoung Publishing Co, Seoul. p 129.
- Hong JH, Lee GM, Hur SH. 1996. Production of vinegar using deteriorated deastringent persimmons during low temperature storage. J Korean Soc Food & Nutr 25: 123-128.
- Jeong ST, Kim JG, Chang HS, Kim YB, Choi JU. 1996. Optimum condition of acetic acid fermentation for persimmon vinegar preparation and quality evaluation of persimmon vinegar. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 2: 171-178
- Jeong YJ, Lee GD, Kim KS. 1998. Optimization for the fermentation condition of persimmon vinegar using response surface methodology. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 1203- 1208.
- Kim JH, Ahn KH, Ro CW, Seo KK, Shin WK. 1998. Improvement of fermentation process of fruit vinegar using sweet persimmon. RDA J Horti Sci 40: 24-28.
- Moon KD, Sohn TH. 1988. The changes of soluble sugar components and texture during the processing of dried persimmon. Korean J Dietary Culture 3: 385-390.
- Lee BO, Moon KD, Sohn TH. 1990. Purification and characterization of invertase in astringent persimmon during sun drying. Korean J Dietary Culture 5: 269-274.
- Sohn TH, Moon KD, Lee NH. 1991. Textual properties and cell wall components of dried persimmon according to varieties. Korean J Dietary Culture 6: 229-235.
- Ann YG, Pyun JY, Kim SK, Shin CS. 1999. Studies on persimmon wine. Korean J Food & Nutr 12: 455-461.
- Woo KL, Lee SH. 1994. A study on wine-making with dried persimmon produced in korea. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 204-212.
- Park WK, Yoo YH, Hyun JS. 1975. Study on the manufacture of jam with Korean persimmon. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 4: 25-29.
- Yang HS, Lee YC. 2000. Changes in physico-chemical properties of soft persimmon and puree during frozen storage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 32: 335-340.
- Chung DO, Chung HJ. 1995. Associated microorganisms and chemical composition of persimon pickles. Korean J Dietary Culture 10: 133-137.
- Kim HY, Chung HJ. 1995. Changes of physicochemical properties during the preparation of persimmon pickles and its optimal preparation conditions. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 679-702.
- Song BH, Kim DY. 1983. Studies on storage of persimmons in salt solution. J Korean Agri Chem Soc 26: 169-176.
- Chun YK, Choi HS, Cha BS. 1997. Effect on enzymatic hydrolysis on the physicochemical properties of persimmon juice. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 198-203.
- Kang HA, Chang KS. 1997. Concentration of persimmon juice by revers osmosis system. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 279-283.
- Sakai T, Okushima M. 1982. Purification and crystallization of a protopectin solubilizing enzyme from Trichosporon penicillatum. Agric Biol Chem 46: 667-676. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.46.667
- Sakai T, Sakamoto T. 1990. Purification and some properties of a protopectin-solubilizing enzyme that has potent activity on sugar beet protopectin. Agric Biol Chem 54: 879-889. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.54.879
- Sakai T, Yoshitake S. 1984. Purification and some properties of a protopectin-solubilizing enzyme from Galactomyces reessii strain L. Agric Biol Chem 48: 1941-1950. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.48.1941
- Sakai T, Okushima M, Yoshitake S. 1984. Purification, crystallization and some properties of endopolygalacturonase from Kluyveromyces fragilis. Agric Biol Chem 48: 1951- 1961. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.48.1951
- Miyazaki H, Terata I. 1974. Treatment of waste rind of citrus fruits and extraction of the components. Shokuhin Kogyo 17: 81-87.
- Sakai T, Okushima M. 1980. Microbial production of pectin from citrus peel. Appl Environ Micribiol 39: 908-912.
- Sakai T, Hours R, Nakamura T. 1995. Enzymatic maceration of vegetables with protopectinases. J Food Sci 60: 468-472. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1995.tb09805.x
- Mitsui T, Hashimoto N, Deguchi K, Hirano M, Igaue I. 1990. Isolation of plant mesophyll protoplasts with an endopolygalacturonase from Trichosporon penicillatum. Plant Tissue Cult Lett 7: 14-18. https://doi.org/10.5511/plantbiotechnology1984.7.14
- Lee SC, Ko BS, Lee DH, Hwang YI. 1997. Cell separation of vegetable tissues by protopectinase. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 26: 430-435.
- Lee SC, Yuk HG, Hwang YI. 1997. Recovery yields of protopectinase depending on treatments of organic solvents. Agric Chem Biotechnol 40: 107-111.
- Lee DH, Park EK, Mun CH, Ha JU, Lee SC, Hwang YI. 1999. Effect of medium composition on protopectinase production from Bacillus subtilis EK11. Kor J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 27: 378-384.
- AOAC. 1995. Official methods of analysis. 16th ed. The association of official analytical chemists, Washington DC.
- Paull RE, Deputy J, Chen NJ. 1983. Changes in organic acids, sugars, headspace olatiles during fruit ripening of soursop (Annona muricata L.). L Am Soc Hort Sci 108: 931-934.
- Quality Properties of Whole Wheat Flour Sourdough Bread Using Sweet Persimmon Starter vol.34, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2018.34.3.263