- Volume 32 Issue 1
To evaluate the quality of commercial ginger tea, we compared physicochemical (sugar content, pH, acidity, color, viscosity, transparancy) and sensory (7-point scoring test, 18 experienced panel members) characteristics of commercial ginger tea with home-made one. Additionally, we assessed the opinion of Food and Nutrition specialists, about commercial ginger tea. Questionaires were hand delivered to 530 subjects consisted of University students and faculties of Department of Food and Nutrition at 8 cities (Seoul, Incheon, Youngin, Taejon, Chungju, Taegu, Kwangju, Pusan) in Korea and the complete data of 328 subjects were statistically analyzed using SPSS Program for Window (mean, ANOVA,
- Kang IH. 1988. Hankookyeo Mat. DaihanGyoGwaseo Co., Seoul.
- Lee CH, Kim SY. 1991. Literature review on the Korean traditional non-alcoholic beverages. I. Types and processing method. Korean J Dietary Culture 6: 43-54.
- Kim MR. 2001. Korean traditional beverages. Korean J Soc Food Sci 17: 657-690.
- Kim MR. 2002. Function of spices and herbs. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 12: 431-453.
- Kim WJ, Choi HS. 2002. Cheonyun Hwangsinryo. Hoyil Publising, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim TK. 1978. The practical study on Korean wine and tea. Res Sangmyung Womens University 7: 59-72.
- Kang JH, Ahn BW, Lee DH, Byun HS, Kim SB, Park YH. 1988. Inhibitory effects of ginger and garlic extracts on the DNA damage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 20: 287-292.
- Kim EJ, Ahn MS. 1993. Antioxidative effect of ginger extract. Korean J Soc Food Sci 9: 37-43
- Ji WD, Jeong HC, Lee SJ, Chun YG. 1997. Antimicrobial activity and distilled components of garlic (Allium sativum L.) and ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe). J Agric Chem Biotechnol 40: 514-518.
- Kim JS, Kho MS, Kim YH, Kim MK, Hong JS. 1991. Volatile flavor components of Korean ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe). Korean J Food Sci Technol 23: 141-149.
- Kim MK, Lee BE, Yun SE, Hong JS, Kim YH, Kim YK. 1994. Changes in volatile constituents of Zingiber officinale Roscoe Rhizomes during storage. Agric Chem Biotechnol 37: 1-8.
- Lee JG, Jang HJ, Kwag JJ, Lee DW. 2000. Comparision of the volatile components of Korean ginger (Zingber officinale Roscoe) by different extraction methods. Korean J Food and Nutr 13: 66-70.
- Jeong MC, Lee SE, Namgung B, Chung TY, Kim DC. 1998. Change of quality in ginger according to storage conditions. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 5: 224-230.
- Chung TY, Jeong MC, Namgung B, Lee SE. 1999. Effect of pretreatment methods on the quality of ginger during storage. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 1-6.
- Yoon SS. 2000. Hankook Eumsik. SooHakSa, Seoul. p 381- 382.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Inc., Virginia, p 918.
- Larmond E. 1977. Laboratory Methods for Sensory Evaluation of Food. Research Branch Canada Department of Agriculture Publication 1637, Canada.
- Steel RGD, Torrie JH. 1960. Principle and procedures of statistics. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
- Choi KS, Im MH, Choi JD. 1997. Effects of formulation variables and drinking temperature on acceptability of jujube tea products. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 26: 827-830.
- Kim MR, Seo JH, Heo OS, Lee KS, Oh SH. 2002. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of commercial sikhyes. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 827-830.
- Kim MR, Seo JH, Lee KS, Oh SH. 2002. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of commercial sikhyes. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 830-837.
- Kim MR, Seo JH, Lee KS, Oh SH. 2002. Quality characteristics and Food and Nutrition specialist's opinion on jujube teas. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 18: 670-676.
- Effect of Microbial Fermentation on the Sensory Attributes, Gingerol Content and Volatile Components of Ginger vol.15, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3746/jfn.2010.15.4.322