- Volume 32 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Korean Wheat Noodle by Formulation of Foreign Wheat Flour and Starch
수입밀과 전분의 혼합 비율을 달리하여 제조한 우리밀국수의 품질특성
- 박동준 (한국식품개발연구원) ;
- 구경형 (한국식품개발연구원) ;
- 김철진 (한국식품개발연구원) ;
- 이수정 (부천대학 식품영양과) ;
- 양정례 (창원대학교 생활과학연구소) ;
- 김양하 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김종태 (한국식품개발연구원)
- Published : 2003.02.01
Quality characteristics of dough and noodles prepared from Korean wheat flours (Gru and Tapdong) were evaluated by substituting foreign wheat flours and starch in the formula. Korean wheat flours showed greater water absorption and weakness as well as protein and ash contents, but lower stability than the foreign wheat (control) By increasing substituted foreign wheat flours, water absorption of domestic Gru and Tapdong decreased. Dough development time decreased for Tapdong by substituting up to 30％ with foreign wheat flours. When imported wheat flours added in Gru and Tapdong, weakness of dough was decreased. Adhesiveness of dough was increased in all samples according to water adding, and Gru particulary showed the most high adhesiveness at 65% water and 10~20% replacement. From the mechanical texture test, Tapdong noodles were increased in cutting force by increasing amounts of imported wheat but decreased in extension distance. However, Cru noodles showed the opposite tendency. Hardness, adhesiveness, and chewiness of noodles were increased in all samples by increasing amounts of substitution with imported starch. As a result of cooked noodles test, Korean wheat noodles showed relatively lower values in cutting force and extension distance than in those of the control Studies of noodle-related characteristics of Korean wheat flours indicated that domestic soft wheat such as Gru might have high quality above the foreign wheat in noodle preparation by adding flours containing high amylose or low gluten.
- Kim SK. 1990. Milling and utilization of wheat flour. Korea Federation of Small and Medium Business, Seoul.
- Kim SK. 1997. Overview of Korean noodle industry. Foods & Biotechnol 6: 125-130.
- Jeong HS, Park NK, Song JC, Kim KJ, Chung MJ. 1999. Dough characteristics of Korean wheat flour. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 161-166.
- Park NK, Song JC, Kim KJ, Lee CK, Jeong HS, Chung MJ. 1999. Noodle-making characteristics of Korean wheat. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 167-172.
- Yi SY, Kim CS. 2001. Effects of added yam powders on the quality characteristics of yeast leavened pan breads made from imported wheat flour and Korean wheat flour. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 56-63.
- Kyung MS, Chang HK, Lee YT. 2001. Effects of emulsifiers on the properties of white layer cakes prepared from Geurumil flour. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 877-881.
- Kim YS, Song GS. 2002. Characteristics of Korean style commercial dry noodles. Food Sci Biotechnol 11: 127-130.
- Lee JW, Kee HJ, Park YK, Rhim JW, Jung ST, Ham KS, Kim IC, Kang SG. 2000. Preparation of noodle with laver powder and its characteristics. Korean J Food Sci Technol 32: 298-305.
- Ha KH, Shin DH. 1999. Characteristics of noodle made with composite flours of Perilla and wheat. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 1256-1259.
- Kim SK, Kim IH. 1998. Effect of tetrasodium polyphosphate peroxidate on quality of Kalguksoo. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 1064-1069.
- Mun SH, Shin MS. 2000. Quality characteristics of noodle with health functional enzyme resistant starch. Korean J Food Sci Technol 32: 328-334.
- Kim YS, Ha TY, Lee SH, Lee HY. 1997. Effect of rice bran dietary fiber on flour rheology and quality of wet noodles. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 90-95.
- Kim CT, Kim CJ, Park DJ, Hwang JK, Ku KH, Lee SJ, Cho SJ, Nam SJ. 1996. Development of processing technology for comprehensive utilization of domestic wheat (Woorymil). Research Report of Korea Food Research Institute (G1146-0748). p 121-180.
- Kee HJ, Lee ST, Park YK. 2000. Preparation and quality characteristics of Korean wheat noodles made of brown glutinous rice flour with and without aroma. Korean J Food Sci Technol 32: 799-805.
- Jang EH, Lim HS, Koh BK, Lim, ST. 1999. Quality of Korean wheat noodles and its relations to physicochemical properties of flour. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 138-146.
- Park WJ, Shelton DR, Peterson CJ, Wehling RL, Kachman SD. 1997. Evaluation of Korean raw noodle (Saengmyun) color and cooking properties among hard red winter and hard white wheat samples. Foods & Biotechnol 6: 20-25.
- Lee SY, Hur HS, Song JC, Park NK. 1997. Comparison of noodle related characteristics of domestic and imported wheat. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 44-50.
- Cho SY, Tak SH, Rhee C. 2001. Effect of extraction rate of Korean wheat flour on rheological and raw noodle-making properties. Food Sci Biotechnol 10: 246-250.
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 14th ed. Association of official analytical chemicals, Washington DC.
- Korean Standard. 1991. Wheat flour KS H 2012.
- Wheeler EL, Ferrel RE. 1969. A method for phytic acid determination in wheat and wheat fractions. Presented at the 54th annual meeting, Chicago, II. A contribution of the western regional research laboratory. ARS, Albany, CA, USA.
- Prosky L, Asp NG, Schweizer TF, Devries JW, Furda I. 1988. Determination of insoluble and total dietary fiber in foods and food products interlaboratory study. JAOAC 71: 1017-1023.
- Mongeau R, Brassard R. 1982. Insoluble dietary fiber from breakfast cereals and brans; Bile salt binding and waterholding capacity in relation to particle size. Cereal Chem 59: 413-417.
- AACC. 1983. American association of cereal chemist approved methods. 8th ed. American association of cereal chemists, MN, USA.
- Lee CH. 1991. Preparation and quality properties of traditional noodle. Korean J Dietary Culture 6: 105-120.
- Kim HK, Kim SK. 1985. Wheat and Milling Industry. Korea Federation of Small and Medium Business, Seoul, Korea
- Kim SK. 1986. Quality of Wheat Flour. Korea Federation of Small and Medium Business, Seoul, Korea
- Chang HG, Song HS. 1994. Quality of Woori-mill flour and processing characteristics of noodles. Symposium on revitalization of Woori-mill (in Korean). p 115-134.
- Borghi B, Castagna R, Corbellini M, Heun M, Salamini F. 1996. Breadmaking quality of Einkorn wheat (Triticum monococcum ssp. monococcum). Cereal Chem 73: 208-214.
- Lamond E. 1973. Methods for the sensory evaluation of food. Canada Dept of Agriculture.
- Toyokawa H, Rubenthaler GL, Powers JR, Schanus EG. 1989. Japanese noodle qualities. II. Starch components. Cereal Chem 66: 387-91.
- Lee CH, Park SH. 1982. Studies on the texture describing terms of Korean. Korean J Food Sci Technol 14: 21-29.
- Comparison of Quality Analyses of Domestic and Imported Wheat Flour Products Marketed in Korea vol.27, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.2.287
- Cooking Properties of Fresh Pasta Using Korean Wheat and Durum Rimachinata vol.40, pp.10, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.10.1474
- Comparison of Various Cooked Wheat Noodles from Four Countries in Terms of Texture and Sensory Characteristics vol.29, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2014.29.5.454
- Cooking Quality of Fresh Pasta with Concentrated Korean Wheat Semolina vol.40, pp.7, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.7.1017
- Physicochemical Characteristic of Korean Wheat Semolina vol.39, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.6.837
- Quality of Commercial Korean Domestic Wheat Flours and Their Dry Noodle-Making Performance vol.34, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2018.34.4.366