- Volume 32 Issue 1
Four-dimensional response surface methodology was used for monitoring the manufacturing characteristics of aloe gel-state food. The optimum conditions predicted for each corresponding sensory properties of aloe gel-state food were 87.38 mL (content of aloe juice), 0.16 g (content of konjac) and 0.19 g (content of carrageenan) in coloror of gel-state food, 83.84 mL, 0.17 g and 0.20 g in aroma of aloe gel-state food, 83.20 mL.0.15 g and 0.27 g taste of aloe gel-state food and 98.95 mL, 0.10 g and 0.23 g in texture of aloe gel-state food. Maximum chewiness of aloe gel-state food was in 113.05 mL aloe juice, 0.27 g konjac and 0.21 g carrageenan. The optimum conditions, which satisfied all sensory properties of gel-state food, were 88.23 mL, 0.15 g and 0.49 g in content of aloe juice, content of konjac and content of carrageenan, respectively.
- Kim JG, Lee YW. 1995. Effect of Aloe vera on the growth and aflatoxin production of Aspergillus parasiticus. Kor J Env Soc 21: 48-55.
- Lee PW, Kim YC, Chung DH. 1992. Antiviral action of aloe extracts. J Kor Soc Virology 22: 207-215.
- Choi JH, Kim DW, Yoo JK, Han SS, Shim CS. 1996. Effect of aloe on learning and memory impairment animal model samp8. Korean J Life Science 6: 178-184.
- Lee DS, Ryu IH, Lee KS, Shin YS, Chun SH. 1999. Optimization in the preparation of aloe vinegar by acetobacter sp. and inhibitory effect against lipase activity. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 42: 105-110.
- Ha BJ. 1998. A study on the reduction of heavy metal biotoxicity by aloe. J Korean Environ Sci Soc 7: 46-51.
- Choi JH, Kim DW, Kim JI, Han SS, Shim CS. 1996. Effect of aloe on learning and memory impairment animal model samp8 strain. Korean J Life Science 6: 142-148.
- Yu CY, Jeon IS, Ahn SD, Cho DH, Choung IM. 1994. Rapid microparopagation of Aloe arborescens Mill. by meristem culture. J Oriental Bot Res 7: 17-22.
- Woo N, Ahn MS, Lee KY. 1995. Antioxidative effect of aloe (Aloe arborescences) extracts on linoleic acid and soybean oil. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 536-541.
Park SY, Park HJ. 1998. Mechanical properties of
$\kappa$-carrageenan and chitosan film composite. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 855-861.
- Park SK, Cho JM, Rhee CO. 2001. Effect of guar gum, carrageenan and calcium chloride on foaming properties of soy protein isolate. Food Sci Biotechnol 10: 257-260.
- Lee JH, Park SJ, Son SH. 1993. The rheological properties and applications of modified starch and carrageenan complex as stabilizer. Korean J Food Sci Technol 25: 672-676.
- Yoo MH, Lee HG, Lim ST. 1997. Physical properties of the films prepared with glucomannan extracted from Amorphophallus konjac. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 255-260.
- Park SH. 1991. Mordern experimental disign. Minyoungsa Press, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee GD, Jeong YJ, Park NY, Kwon JH. 1999. Monitoring for the color formation of a doraji tea by soaking of threonine and sucrose solution and roasting. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 938-944.
- Lee GD, Kim SK, Jeong YJ, Youn KS, Shin SR, Ku JG. 2001. Optimization on the preparation conditions of instant rice gruel using paecilomyces japonica mycelia. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 870-876.
- Lee GD, Kim HG, Kim JG, Kwon JH. 1997. Optimization for the preparation conditions of instant rice gruel using oyster mushroom and brown rice. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 737-744.
- Paik JE, Joo NM, Sim YJ, Chun HJ. 1996. Studies on making jelly and mold salad with grape extract. Korean J Soc Food Sci 12: 291-294.
- Chun HJ. 1995. Influence of carrageenan addition on the rheological properties of omija extract jelly. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 33-36.
- Park GS, Cho JW. 1998. The effects of addition of agar on the texture characteristics of peach jelly. Korean J Food & Nutr 11: 61-67.
- Byun MW, Ahn HJ, Yook HS, Lee JW, Kim DJ. 2000. Quality evaluation of jellies prepared with refined dietary fiber frorm ascidian (Halocynthia roretzi) tunic. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 64-67.