- Volume 32 Issue 1
This study investigated the current tendency of the middle school student's use of the food and nutrition information from the internet web site. The research employed web survey for the national middle school students. Middle school students usually searched the internet information to do homework and to solve the own curiosity. Forty percent of respondents had experience to get food and nutrition information from tile internet, and 74% of them were girl. Cooking method and world cooking exploring were the most wanted information among food and nutrition information. Professional cooking site and tips of food and nutrition from study aiding sites and monthly magazine sites were tile resources of food and nutrition information. The mai or reasons for searching the food and nutrition information were to know the cooking method and out of curiosity. The most unsatisfied problems were unnecessary information, too much advertisement and too difficult contents when the users approached the site to get the food and nutrition information. Students who have been not interested in and had no homework about food and nutrition, had no visiting experience of web sites for food and nutrition information. Therefore, to provide food and nutrition information for teenagers through internet, web sites were developed to have easy contents linked to study aiding site or other sites that teenagers frequently visit. Since teenager's interest about health issues is not as high as adult's one, the contents of sites must be easy for teenagers to follow and fun, however, should be based on scientific facts on food, nutrition and disease.
- Korea Network Information Center. 2001. Internet statistic report (2001. 12) p 2-3.
- Nielsen-netratings. 2001. Korea claims 23 of world's 100 biggest locally accessed web properties but US still home of global properties. http://www.nielsen-netratings.com.
- Maignan I, Lukas BA. 1997. The nature and social uses of the internet: a qualitative investigation. J Consumer Affaires 31: 346-372. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.1997.tb00395.x
- Park KY. 2002. Consumer information satisfaction on internet: information focus on electric home appliances. PhD Dissertation. Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea.
- Sung YS, Jung SJ, Jang SW. 2001. What is important factor to evaluate web site for netizen. p 103-114 presented at 2001 Annual Meeting of Korean Society of Consumer Studies. Seoul, Korea.
- Lee SJ, Lee SS. 2001. Studies on the needs of the consumer information from internet. p 39-49 presented at 2001 Annual Meeting of Korean Society of Consumer Studies, Seoul, Korea.
- Choi YS. 1999. Comparison of web-page information and direction for development of nutrition web-information. p 15-19 presented at 1999 Fall Meeting of Korean Nutrition Society. Daegu, Korea.
- Koh HY. 2000. Information of foods on the internet. Food Science & Industry 33: 9-12.
- Kim EM, Lee JS. 1988. Computerization of nutrition counseling. Nutrition and Dietetics 88-11: 15-20.
- Hong SM. 1989. Development of computer programs for nutrition counseling. Korean J Nutr 22: 275-289.
- Han JS. 2000. A system for nutritional assessment and diagnosis of dietary intakes through internet. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 1177-1184.
- Lee JW, Ly SY, Kim KE. 2002. Characteristic analysis of internet nutrition counseling served by the Korean society of community nutrition. Korean J Community Nutrition 7: 86-91.
- Moon SJ, Lee YM. 1986. A computerized nutritional education program for meal management and nutritional assessment. Korean J Nutr 19: 146-154.
- Lee SY, Kim JH, Baik HY, Gi KU, Pi JE, Hwang YK, Kim SH. 2001. Development of criteria to assess the quality of food and nutrition information on internet. Korean J Home Economics Association 39: 51-63.
- Hyun TS, Kang NM, Kim J. 2001. Evaluation of web sites on nutrition information. Korean J Dietary Culture 16: 20-26.
- Lee KH, Kang HJ, Her ES. 2002. Adolescent' internet utilization status of dietary information in Kyungnam. Korean J Nutr 35: 115-123.
- SAS Institute, Inc. 1990. SAS User's Guide. Statistical Analysis Systems Institute, Cary, NC, USA.
- Korean National Statistical Office 1999. Time spent on activities. Report on the time use survey Vol 1, p 27-50.
- Tendency and Network Analysis of Diet Using Big Data vol.22, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14373/JKDA.2016.22.4.310