- Volume 32 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Free Radical Scavenging Effect of Seed and Skin Extracts from Campbell Early Grape (Vitis labruscana B.)
국내산 포도 캠벨종의 종자 및 과피 추출물의 Free Radical 소거능 탐색
- Published : 2003.02.01
This study was conducted to determine optimal extraction condition and free radical scavenging effect of ethanol extracts of Campell Early grape seeds and skins at different temperatures, and of organic solvent fractionated from ethanol extracts of grape seeds and skins. The free radical scavenging effect was tested using 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) method and expressed as dose required for a 50% reduction of DPPH radical (RC
- 농촌진흥청. 1993. 품종해설집(원예작물, 버섯류, 잠상).
- Hur SK, Kim SS, Heo YH, Ahn SM, Lee BG, Lee SK. 2001. Effects of the grapevine shoot extract on free radical scavenging activity and inhibition of pro-inflammatory mediator production. J Applied Pharmacology 9: 188-193.
- Bagchi D, Garg A, Krohn RL, Bagchi M, Tran MX, Stohs SJ. 1997. Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 95: 179-189.
- Singletary KW, Meline B. 2001. Effect of grape seed proanthocyanidins on colon aberrant crypts and breast tumors in a rat dual-organ tumor model. Nutr Cancer 39: 252-258. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327914nc392_15
- Ray SD, Wong V, Rinkovsky A, Bagchi M, Raje RR, Bagchi D. 2000. Unique organoprotective properties of a novel IH636 grape seed proanthocyanidin extract on cadmium chlorideinduced nephrotoxicity, dimethylnitrosamine (DMN)-induced splenotoxicity and mocap-induced neurotoxicity in mice. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 107: 105-128.
- Joshi SS, Kuszynski CA, Bagchi M, Bagchi D. 2000. Chemopreventive effects of grape seed proanthocyanidin extract on Chang liver cells. Toxicology 155: 83-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-483X(00)00280-8
- Park SY, Kim JW. 1992. Screening and isolation of the antitumor agents from medicinal plants (I). Kor J Pharmacogn 23: 264-267.
- Das M, Sur P, Gomes A, Vedasiromoni JR, Ganguly DK. 2002. Inhibition of tumour growth and inflammation by consumption of tea. Phytother Res 1: 40-44.
- Lee JH, Lee SR. 1994. Some physiological activity of phenolic substance in plant foods. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 317- 323. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60163a004
Yamaguchi F, Yoshimura Y, Nakazawa H, Ariga T. 1999.
Free radical scavenging activity of grape seed extract and
antioxidants by electron spin resonance spectrometry in an
$H_2O_2/NaOH/DMSO$system. J Agric Food Chem 47: 2544-2548. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf9806762
- Opoku AR, Maseko NF, Terblanche SE. 2002. The in vitro antioxidative activity of some traditional Zulu medicinal plants. Phytother Res 1: 51-56.
- Kim SM, Cho YS, Sung SK. 2001. The antioxidant ability and nitrite scavenging ability of plant extracts. Korean J Food Sci Technol 33: 626-632.
- Park SJ, Park BK, Lee HY, Lee, Oh DH. 2002. Screening biological activities of grape seed and skin extracts of campbell early (Vitis labruscana B.). Nutraceuticals and Food 7: 231- 237. https://doi.org/10.3746/jfn.2002.7.3.231
- Cho SY, Han YB, Shin KH. 2001. Screening for antioxidant activity of edible plants. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 133-137.
- Lee MC, Kim GP, Kim SH, Choung NH, Yim MH. 1997. Antimicrobial activity of extract from gall-nut and red-grape husk. Korean J Food & Nutr 10: 174-179.
- Park SJ, Park BK, Lee HY, Lee JH, Kim JD, Oh DH. 2002. Extraction condition and free radical scavenging effect of seed and skin extracts of black olympia grape (Vitis labruscana L.). Korean J Food Preservation (In press).
- Cosmetic Activities of Nyasol from the Rhizomes of Anemarrhena asphodeloide vol.58, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2015.007
- Beauty Food Activities of Isolated Phenolic Compounds from Ulmus pumila vol.55, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2012.033
- Flavonoid and Phenol Contents and Antioxidant Effect of Wine By-product Extracts vol.26, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2016.26.8.948
- Effect of Roasting Conditions on the Quality of Grape Seed Tea vol.18, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13050/foodengprog.2014.18.1.42
- Quality characteristics of high-acidity vinegar prepared with grape juice vol.22, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2015.22.1.100
- Analysis of Antibacterial Activity against Food Spoilage and Food-borne Pathogens and Cytotoxicity on Human Cancer Cell Lines of Extracts from Pericarp and Seed of Vitis coignetiea vol.28, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.2.175
- ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTIOBESITY ACTIVITIES OF SEED EXTRACT FROM CAMPBELL EARLY GRAPE AS A FUNCTIONAL INGREDIENT vol.37, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4549.2011.00648.x
- Quality Characteristics of Muffin with Added Grape Powder vol.31, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.5.498
- Analysis of Antioxidative and Antimutagenic Activities of Ethanol Extracts from Pericarp and Seeds of Wild Grape (Vitis coignetiea) vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2016.4.26.2.192
- Comparative Study of Antioxidant Activity of Apple and Pear Peel vol.26, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2013.26.3.347
- Effect of Dietary Grape Pomace on Lipid Metabolism and Hepatic Morphology in Rats Fed a High Fat Diet vol.39, pp.11, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.11.1595