- Volume 27 Issue 3
Among various methods to acquire high strength in plain carbon steel, the mettled of grain refinement by controlling thermo-mechanical processing parameters has gained a great attention if steel rolling industries. In the present study, three different rolling pass schedules are proposed to obtain fine grains which are based on combined results of recrystallization modelling, finite element analysis and experiment. Since meta-dynamic or dynamic recrystallization has been found to be very effective in producing fine grains, reduction ratio and interpass time in the proposed rolling pass schedules were determined in order to invoke such recrystallization as often as possible.
Dynamic Recrystallization;Hot Rolling;Static Recovery;Grain Refinement;Austenite Grain Size;Process Design
- Isao. K.. 1997. Controlled Rolling and Controlled Cooling. Chijin Shokan Co. pp. 17-54
- Kobayashi S., Oh, S. I. and Altan. T.. 1989. Metal Forming and the Finite Element Method. pp 30-33
- Hong. C. P and Park. J. L 2001. 'Design of Rolling Path Schedule for Refinement of Austenite Grain,' Transactions of the KSME. A. Vol.25. No.11. pp.1844-1853
- Hong. C. P. and Park. J. J., 2001. 'Design of Rolling Pass Schedule for a Thick Plate by Using Recrystallization Modeling.' Proc. 4th Rolling Symposium. pp. 375-383
- Djaic, R. A. P. and Jonas, J. J., 1972. 'Static Recrystallization of Austenite between Intervals of Hot Working.' Journal of the Iron and Steel Institute, Vol.210. pp. 256-264
- Petkovic. R. A., Luton, M. J. and Jonas. J. J., 1977, 'Flow Curves and Softening Kinetics in High Strength Low Alloy Steels.' the Hot Deformation of Austenite (Edited by Ballance. J. B.), AIME New York, pp. 68-75
- Jonas, J. J. 1990. 'Dynamic Recrystallization in Hot Strip Mills,' In Recrystallization '90 (Edited by Chandra, T.), TMS-AIME. Warrendale. PA, pp. 27-36
- Hernandez, C. A. and Medina. S. F., 1992, 'Modelling of the Dynamic Recrystallization of Austenite in Low Alloy and Microalloyed Steels,'Mem. Scient. Revue Metall., Vol.66, pp. 217-225
- Hernandez, C. A. and Medina. S. F., 1996. 'Modelling Austenite Flow Curves in Low Alloy and Microalloyed Steels,' Acta. Mater., Vol.44. No.1. pp. 155-163 https://doi.org/10.1016/1359-6454(95)00153-4
- Sellars. C. M., 1990, 'Modeling Microstructural Development during Hot Rolling,' Material Sci. & Tech. Vol.6. pp. 1072-81
- Sellars, C. M., 1980, 'Hot Rolling and Forming Processes.' edited by C. M. Sellars and G. J. Davies, Met. Soc., London
- POSCO Technical Research Laboratories. 2000. 'Development of High Strength Structural Steel with Fine Grain(II).'
- POSCO Technical Research Laboratories. 2001. 'Development of High Strength Structural Steel with Fine Grain(III).'
- Shin. S. C. 1999. 'Recent Trend in Hot Rolling Technology of Steels.' Proc. 3rd Rolling Symposium, Opening Lecture. pp. 3-9
- Kwon. O. L 1999. 'Manufacturing Technologies and Applications of steel Strip Products,' Proc. 3rd Rolling Symposium, Opening Lecture. pp. 10-21
- Attwood. B. and Miner. R. E.. 1998. 'Competitive Material Threats and Opportunities,' Steel Rolling '98, Opening Lecture, ISIJ. pp. 9-18