- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Analysis of the Piezo-Actuator for a New Generation Lithography System
차세대 리소그라피 시스템을 위한 압전구동기의 동적 해석
- Published : 2003.03.01
A piezo-actuator is an important component for an E-beam lithography system. But it is very difficult to model its characteristics due to nonlinearities such as hysteresis and creep, to the input voltage. In this paper, one-axis micro stage with a piezo-actuator is modeled including the nonlinear properties. Hysteresis and creep are modeled as the first order differential equation and a time-dependent logarithmic function, respectively. The dynamic motion of the stage is also modeled as a mass-spring-damper system and the parameters are determined by utilizing the system identification technique. The simulation tool for a micro stage is constructed using the commercial software and its simulation results are compared with the experimental data.
Lithography System;Piezo-Actuator;Hysteresis;Creep;Micro Stage;Simulation Tool
- L. Ljung, 2000, System Identification Toolbox User's Guide, The MathWorks, Inc.
- RecurDyn User's Manual, FunctionBay, Inc.
- Micropositioning, Nanopositioning, Nanoautomation, Physik Instrumente
- Adriaens, H. J. M. T. A., de Koning. W. L. and Banning, R., 2000, 'Modeling Piezoelectric Actuators,' IEEE Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol. 5, pp. 331-341 https://doi.org/10.1109/3516.891044
- Banning, R., et al., 2001, 'State-Space Analysis and Identification for a Class of Hysteretic Systems,' Automatica, Vol. 37, pp. 1883-1892 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(01)00157-1
- Goldfarb, M. and Celanovic, N., 1997. 'Modeling Piezoelectric Stack Actuators for Control of Micromanipulation,' IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp, 69-79 https://doi.org/10.1109/37.588158
- Krejci, P. and Kuhnen, K., 2001, 'Inverse Control of Systems with Hysteresis and Creep,' IEE Proc. Control Theory Appl., Vol. 148. No. 3, pp. 185-192 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:20010375
- Kim, B. J., Kim, S. H. and Kwak, Y. K, 2000, 'Piezoelectric Beam Rotating Actuator for Multiple Beam Disk Drives,' J. of the KSPE, Vol. 17, No.5, pp. 154-159
- Hu, H. and Mrad, R. B., 2003, 'On the Classical Preisach Model for Hysteresis in Piezoccramic Actuators,' Mechatronics. Vol. 13, No.2, pp. 85-94 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0957-4158(01)00043-5
- Ge, P. and Jouanch, M., 1995, 'Modeling Hysteresis in Piczocerarnic Actuators,' Precision Engineering. Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 211-221 https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-6359(95)00002-U
- Kwon, S., Chung, W. K and Youm, Y., 2001, 'On the Coarse/Fine Dual-Stage Manipulators with Robust Perturbation Compensator,' Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp, 121-126 https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2001.932540
- Kim, K. C., Kim, S. H. and Kwak, Y. K., 1998, 'Development of a 6 Degrees-of-Freedom Micro Stage for Ultra Precision Positioning,' Trans. of the KSME, A, Vol. 22, No.2, pp, 372-379
- Kim, J. Y., et al., 2002, 'Computer Simulation and Control Performance Evaluation for Feedback System of Ultra Positioning by using Laser Interferometer,' Trans. of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 17-25
- Akeno, K, Ogasawara. M. and Tojo, T., 2002, 'Mechanical System Construction for the EX-11 Electron Beam Mask Writer: A Solution for 100 nm Wafer Lithography,' J. Vac. Sci. Technol., B Vol. 20, No. 1. pp. 311-315 https://doi.org/10.1116/1.1446452
- Kunioka, T., Takeda, Y. and Matsuda, T., 1999, 'XY Stage Driven by Ultrasonic Linear Motors for the Electron-Beam X-Ray Mask Writer EB-X3,' J. Vac. Sci. Technol., B Vol. 17, No.6, pp. 2917-2920 https://doi.org/10.1116/1.591096
- Automatica v.37 State-Space Analysis and Identification for a Class of Hysteretic Systems Banning, R. (et al.) https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(01)00157-1