- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Changes in Phenolic Compounds Properties of Rubi Fructus Extract Depending on Extraction Conditions
복분자 추출조건에 따른 페놀성 화합물의 특성변화
- Published : 2003.04.01
Response surface methodology was used for monitoring changes in phenolic compounds properties of Rubi Fructus extract depening on extraction conditons. The three independent variables (extraction conditions) were ratio of solvent to sample content (5, 10, 15 mL/g), ethanol concentration (20, 40, 60%) and extraction time (2, 4, 6 hr). It was anticipated that each of the five dependent Y variables (responses) would be affected by the three independent variables. The dependent responses were total yield, total phenolics content, electron donating ability, antioxidant ability and nitrite-scavenging ability (pH 1.2, 3.0, 4.2, 6.0). Total yield, total phenolics content, electron donating ability and antioxidant ability were affected by ratio of solvent to sample content. Nitrite- scavenging ability at pH 1.2 and pH 6.0 was affected by ethanol concentration, while it was affected by extraction time at pH 3.0 and pH 4.2. The optimum extraction conditions for total yield were 14.16 mL/g ratio of solvent to sample content,39.08% ethanol concentration and 2.99 hr extraction time. The maximum total phenolics content of extracts were shown at 14.06 mL/g ratio of solvent to sample content, 35.51% ethanol concentration and 3.15 hr extraction time.
- Kim MJ, Lee U, Kim SH, Chung HG. 2002. Variation of leaf, fruiting and fruit characteristics in Rubus coreanus Miq.. Korean J Breed 34: 50-56.
- Kim TJ. 1997. Korean resources plants. Seoul University Republished, Seoul. p 282.
- Dan B, Andrew G. 1993. Chinese herbal medicine. Material media. Eastland Press, Washington. p 388.
- Hong JS, Kim JS, Kim IG, Kim MG, Yun S. 1995. Processing development of Bokbunja-wine. Annual Research Report of Ministry of Agricultural and Forestry, Report No. IA 1199512310103.
- Kim HC, Lee SI. 1991. Comparison of the pharmacological effects of kinds of Rubi Fructus. J Herbology 6: 3-12.
- Ohtani K, Miyajima C, Takhasi T, Kasai R, Tanaka O, Hahn DR, Naruhashi N. 1990. A dimeric triterpene glycoside from Rubus coreanus. Phytochemistry 29: 3275-3280. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(90)80199-Q
- Lee YA, Kang SS. 1993. Triterpenoides from Rubi Fructus (Bogbunja). Arch Pharm Res 16: 109-113. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03036856
- Lee YA, Lee MW. 1995. Tannins from Rubus coreanum. Kor J Pharmacogn 6: 27-30.
- Lee MW. 1995. Phenolic compounds from the leaves of Rubus coreanum. Yakhak Hoeji 39: 200-204.
- Park KY, Lee SC, Ahn BT, Lee SH, Ro JS, Lee KS. 1993. Phenolic compounds from Acalypha australis L. Kor J Pharmacogn 24: 20-25.
- Pang KC, Kim MS, Lee MW. 1996. Hydrolyzable tannins from the fruits of Rubus coreanum. Kor J Pharmacogn 27: 366-370.
- Yoon I, Cho JY, Kuk JH, Wee JH, Jang MY, Ahn TH, Park KH. 2002. Identification and activity fo antioxidative compounds from Rubus coreanum fruit. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 898-904.
- Lee J, Lee SR. 1994. Some physiological activity of phenolic substances in plant foods. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 317-323.
- Lee JW, Do JH. 2000. Determination of total phenolic compounds from the fruit of Rubus coreanum and antioxidative activity. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 943-947.
- Jeong YC, Kang IS, Chai MR. 1998. Development of aqueous anchovy food using fermentation. Annual Research Report of Ministry of Maritime Affairs & Fisheries, Report No. IB 1199812310002.
- Gontard N, Guilbert S, Cuq JL. 1992. Edible wheat gluten films. Influence of the main process variables on film properties using response surface methodology. J Food Sci 57: 190-196. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1992.tb05453.x
- Kang KC, Park JH, Baek SB, Jhin HS, Rhee KS. 1992. Optimization of beverage preparation from Schizandra chinensis baillon by response surface methodology. Korean J Food Sci Technol 24: 74-81.
- Park NY, Lee GD, Jeong YJ, Kim HK, Kwon JH. 1998. Optimization for electron donating ability and organoleptic properties of ethanol extracts from Chrysanthemum petsals. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 523-528.
- SAS. 1478. SAS/STAT. User's Guide Version 6. 4th ed. SAS institute Inc., Cary, NC. Vol 2, Ch 37, p 1457-1478.
- Amerine MA, Ough CS. 1980. Methods for Analysis of Musts and Win. Wiley & Sons, New York. p 176-180.
- Blios MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Lim DK, Choi U, Shin DH. 1996. Antioxdative activity of ethanol extract from Korean medical plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 83-89.
- Do JR, Kim SB, Park YH, Park YB, Kim DS. 1993. The nitrite-scavenging effects by the component of traditional tea materials. Korean J Food Sci Technol 25: 530-534.
- Woo IH, Yang CB, Sung HS. 1986. Effect of different extraction procedures on chemical composition of ginseng extract. Korean J Ginseng Sci 10: 36-44.
- Kim JM, Kim HT, Hwang SM. 1990. Instant tea preparation from Cassia tora seeds. Korean J Food Sci Technol 22: 241-247
- Lee SY, Shin SR, Kim KS, Kwon JH. 2000. Establishment of extraction conditions for effective components from Angelica giga Nakai using mircrowave-assisted process. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 442-447.
- Kang YH, Park YK, Lee GD. 1996. The nitrite scavenging and electron donating ability of phenolic compounds. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 232-239.
- Chung HJ. 1999. Antioxidative effect of ethanolic extracts of some tea materials on red pepper seed oil. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 1316-1320.
- Kim SB, Do JR, Lee YW, Gu YS, Kim CN, Park YH. 1990. Nitrite-scavenging effects of roasted-barley extract according to processing conditions. Korean J Food Sci Technol 22: 748-752
- Davies R, Massey RC, McWeeny DJ. 1980. The catalysis of the N-nitrosation of secondary amines by nitrosophenols. J Food Chem 6: 115-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-8146(80)90027-8
- Optimization of Ethanol Extraction Conditions for Functional Components from Lespedeza cuneata Using Response Surface Methodology vol.28, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.3.275
- Functional Composition and Antioxidant Activity of Eel Teriyaki Sauce with Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) vol.25, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2015.4.25.2.287
- Formulation Optimization of Salad Dressing Added with Bokbunja (Rubus coreanum Miquel) Juice vol.37, pp.4, 2008, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.4.497
- Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity in Pork Patties Containing Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus) Extract vol.27, pp.4, 2007, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.4.432
- Antioxidant Activity of Jujube and Curd Yogurt Addition to Jujube vol.27, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.3.331
- Optimisation of microwave-assisted extraction for functional properties of Vitis coignetiae extract by response surface methodology vol.92, pp.8, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.5546
- Optimization of Extraction Conditions for Mate (Ilex paraguarensis) Ethanolic Extracts vol.18, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.3.319