- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Addition of Perilla Leaf Powder and Carcass Grade on the Quality and Palatability of Pork Sausage
깻잎 분말 첨가와 도체등급이 돈육소시지의 품질 및 기호성에 미치는 영향
- 정인철 (대구공업대학 식음료조리과) ;
- 강세주 (경성대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 김종기 (㈜진주햄) ;
- 현재석 (제주산업정보대학 관광식품산업계열) ;
- 김미숙 (㈜한진상사) ;
- 문윤희 (경성대학교 식품공학과)
- Published : 2003.04.01
This study was carried out to clarify the effect of addition of perilla leaf powder (PLP) and carcass grade on the quality and palatability of pork sausage. The chemical composition, pH, calorie, water holding capacity, surface color, textural properties and amino acid composition of the samples were determined, and sensory characteristics were evaluated. Moisture and crude ash were not different among sausage of four type. Crude fat of grade B sausage was higher than that of grade E sausage, and grade B sausage added PLP was higher than grade B sausage without PLP. Crude Protein of grade E sausage was higher than that of grade B sausage. The pH of grade E sausage added PLP was highest, and calorie of grade B sausage without PLP was highest among sausage of four type. Water holding capacity of grade B added and free PLP was significantly higher than grade I sausage. The residual nitrite of sausage added PLP was significantly lower than sausage without PLP. In case of Hunter's
- Korean Food & Drug Administration. 2002. Food Code. Moonyoungsa, Seoul. p 220.
- Torel J, Cillard J, Cillard P. 1986. Antioxidant activity of flavonoids and reactivity with peroxy radical. Phytochemistry 25: 383-385. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(00)85485-0
- Rafathusain S, Cillard J, Cillard P. 1987. Hydroxyl radical scavenging activity of flavonoids. Phytochemistry 26: 2489-2491. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(00)83860-1
- Zhou YC, Zheng RL. 1991. Phenolic compounds and an analog as superoxide anion scavengers and antioxidants. Biochemical Pharmacology 42: 1177-1179. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(91)90251-Y
- Ieven M, Berghe DV, Mettens F, Vlietinck A, Lammens E. 1979. Screening of higher plants for biological activities. I. Antimicrobial activity. J Med Plant Res 36: 311-321.
- Helser MA, Hotchkiss JH. 1984. Comparison of tomato phenolic acid and ascorbic acid fractions on the inhibition of N-nitroso compound formation. J Agric Food Chem 42: 129-132. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00037a022
- Kang YH, Park YK, Lee GD. 1996. The nitrite scavenging and electron donating ability of phenolic compounds. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 232-239.
- Park DS, Lee KI, Park KY. 2001. Quantitative analysis of dietary fibers from Perilla frutescens seeds and antimutagenic effect of its extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 900-905.
- Mercurio KC, Behm PA. 1981 Effect of fiber type and level on mineral excretion transit time and intestinal history. J Food Sci 46: 1462-1463. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1981.tb04198.x
- Moon YH, Kang SJ, Hyon JS, Kang HG, Jung IC. 2001. Comparison of the palatability related with characteristics of beef carcass grade B2 and D. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 1152-1157.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- Hofmann K, Hamm R, Bluchel E. 1982 Neues uber die Bestimmung der Wasserbindung des Fleisches mit Hilfe der Filterpapierpress methode. Fleischwirtschaft 62: 87-93.
- Jung IC, Park SH, Moon YH. 2001. Effect of ultrasonic treatment on the quality of frying chicken meat. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 256-260.
- Bae TJ, Kang DS, Choi OS, Lee YJ, Kim KE, Kim HJ. 2000. Changes in chemical components of muscle from red bream (Pagrus) by Ulva pertusa extract. Korean J Life Sci 10: 447-455.
- Stone H, Didel ZL. 1985. Sensory evaluation practices. Academic Press Inc, New York. p 45.
- SAS. 1988. SAS/STAT User's Guide. Release 6.03 ed. SAS Institute, Inc, Cary, NC, USA.
- Joo ST, Lee S, Kim BC. 1997. The relationship between marbling and meat quality in porcine longissimus muscle. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 17: 218-225.
- Nam JH, Song HI, Park CK, Moon YH, Jung IC. 2000. Quality characteristics of pork patties prepared with mugwort, pine needle and fatsia leaf extracts. Korean J Life Sci 10: 326-332.
- Han GD, Kim DG, Kim SM, Ahn DH, Sung SK. 1996. Effects of aging on the physico-chemical and morphological properties in the Hanwoo beef by the grade. Korean J Anim Sci 38: 589-596.
- Lee JH, Choi JS. 1993. Influence of some flavonoids on Nnitrosoproline formation in vitro and in vivo. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 22: 266-272.
- Lee SJ, Chung MJ, Shin JH, Sung NJ. 2000. Effect of natural plant components on the nitrite-scavenging. J Fd Hyg Safety 15: 88-94.
- Davis CE, Franks DL. 1995. Effect of end-point temperature and storage time on color and denaturation of myoglobin in broiler thigh meat. Poultry Sci 74: 1699-1702. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0741699
- deMan JM. 1980. Principles of food chemistry. AVI Pub Co Inc, Westport. p 203-210.
- Song HI, Moon GI, Moon YH, Jung IC. 2000. Quality and storage stability of hamburger during low temperature storage. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 20: 72-78.
- Moon YH, Kim YK, Koh CW, Hyon JS, Jung IC. 2001. Effect of aging period, cooking time and temperature on the textural and sensory characteristics of boiled pork loin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 471-476.
- Watanabe K, Sato Y. 1974. Meat flavor. Jpn J Zootech Sci 45: 113-128.
- Quality Change of Pork Patty Containing Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) Leaf and Root Powder during Refrigerated Storage vol.21, pp.12, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2011.21.12.1732
- Quality Characteristics of Pork Patties Containing Silkworm Powder and Vegetable Worm (Paecilomyces Japonica) during Cold Storage vol.28, pp.5, 2008, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.5.521
- Quality and Storage Characteristics of Pork Teokgalbi with Added Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis) Extract Powder vol.27, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2016.27.3.509
- Chemical Compositions and Antioxidant Activities of Leaves and Stalks from Different Sweet Potato Cultivars vol.41, pp.12, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.12.1656
- Effect of Carcass Grade and Addition of Mugwort on the Physicochemical Properties and Palatability of Loin Ham vol.14, pp.2, 2004, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.2.239
- The Effect of Adding Lotus Root and Leaf Powder on the Quality Characteristics of Cooked Pork Patties vol.27, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2011.27.6.783
- The Quality Characteristics of Beef Patty with the Addition of Gynura procumbens vol.27, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.5.929
- Analysis of Functional Components of the Perilla Leaves (Perilla frutescens var. japonica Hara) Grown in Organic and Conventional Conditions vol.49, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2016.49.5.517
- Quality and storage characteristics of frankfurter sausages with added yam (Dioscorea japonica) powder vol.21, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.5.636
- Storage Stability of Pork Fatty with Mugwort Powder vol.14, pp.1, 2004, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.1.198
- Changes in Quality Characteristics of Emulsified Sausages added Different Levels of Pork Rind vol.49, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2015.49.5.237
- Quality Characteristics of Low-fat Sausages containing Lentinus edodes powder and a Fat Replacer vol.49, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2015.49.5.257