- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Physicochemical Properties of Korean Wild Teas (Green tea, Semi-fermented tea, and Black tea) According to Degree of Fermentation
발효정도에 따른 국내산 야생차(녹차, 반발효차, 홍차)의 이화학적 특성
- Published : 2003.04.01
The present study was conducted to know the physicochemical properties of non fermented tea and fermented teas with the fermented time of 0 hr (non fermented tea), 10 hrs, 17 hrs (semi-fermented tea), 24 hrs (black tea), respectively The moisture content of non fermented tea, semi fermented, and black tea was 3.01% ~ 3.29%. The contents of reducing sugar, crude lipid, crude protein were increased and that of ascorbic acid was decresed with fermentation. The total contents of those increased as tea was more fermented. The contents of the citric acid and the malic acid were increased with fermentation, but the content of the succinic acid was decreased. However, the total content of organic acid was generally increased with fermentation. The total content of the amino acid was increased with fermentation. In non fermented tea, Thr+theanine, the Asp, and the Glu, were determined in order of content. In semi-fermented tea and black tea, Ter+theanine, Glu, and Asp were determined in order of content. The rate of essential amino acid in the total content of free amino acid was increased with fermentation. The content of theanine was 1.21% in non fermented tea and 1.50% in black tea. The contents of theanine were increased as tea was more fermented. The content of caffein was 3.57% in non fermented tea and 3.55 ~ 3.60% in semi-fermented tea and black tea. These results were inconsistent in the content of caffein. Five kinds of catechin, that is, cathechin, epigallocathechin, epicathechin, epigallocathechin gallate, and epicathechin gallate were extracted. The content of catechin was 14.18% in non fermented tea, but decreased sharply as tea was more fermented.
- 이성우. 1984. 한국식품문화사. 교문사, 서울. p 240.
- 최성희. 1999. 우리 차 세계의 차 바로알고 마시기. 서원, 서울. p 19-137.
- 橋本 實(저), 박용구(옮김). 1997. 차의 기원을 찾아서. 경북대학교 출판부, 대구. p 30-46.
- 정동효, 김종태. 1997. 차의 과학. 대광서림, 서울. p 25-261.
- 徐海榮主編. 2000. 國茶事大典. 華夏出版社, 北京. p 355.
- Shin MK, Chang Mk, Seo ES. 1995. Chemical properties on the quality of marketed roasting green teas. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 356-361.
- Jeon JR, Park GS. 1999. Korean green tea by Ku Jeung Ku Po's (I. Analysis of general composition and chemical compositions). J Soc Food Sci 15: 95-101.
- Park JH, Choi HK, Park KH. 1998. Chemical components of various green teas on market. J Kor Tea Soc 4: 83-92.
- Park JH, Kim KS, Choi HK. 1997. Studies on free amino acid, organic acid and fatty acid content of Korean tea plants. J Kor Tea Soc 3: 73-87.
- Park JH, Kim KS, Kim JH, Choi HK, Kim SW. 1997. Studies on the chemical constituents of free amino acid, theanine, catechin contents in domestic tea shoots. J Kor Tea Soc 2: 197-207.
- Choi SH, Bae JE. 1996. The aroma components of green tea, the products of Mt. Chiri garden. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 25: 478-483.
- Choi SH. 1991. Studies on flavor components of commerical Korean green tea. Korean J Food Sci Technol 23: 98-101.
- Moon JH, Park KH, Sakata K. 1996. Aroma formation mechanism of tea. J Kor Tea Soc 2: 271-296.
- Rhi JW, Shin HS. 1993. Antioxidant effect of aqueous extract obtained from green tea. Korean J Food Sci Technol 25: 759-763.
- Kim MJ, Lee SJ. 1994. Effect of Korean green tea, oolong tea and black tea beverage on the removal of cadmium in rat. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 23: 784-791.
- Yeo SG, Ahn CW, Kim IS, Ahn CW, Kim SB, Park YH. 1995. Dismutagenicity of tea extracts from green tea, oolong tea and black. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 160-168.
- Yeo SG, Ahn CW, Kim IS, Park YB, Park YH, Kim SB. 1995. Antimicrobial effect of tea extracts from green tea, oolong tea and black tea. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 293-298.
- Anan T, Takayanagi H, Ikegaya K, Nakagawa M. 1981. Changes of sugar compounds of aspartic acid, threonine, serine and alanine during heating of green tea. Nippon Nogeikaguku Kaishi 28: 578-582.
- Yamamoto M, Sano M, Matsuda N, Miyase T, Kawamoto K, Suzuki N, Yoshimura M, Tachibana H, Hakamata K. 2001. The change of epigallocatechin-3-O-(3-O-methyl) gallate content in tea of diffrent varieties, tea of crop and processing method. Nippon Shokuhin Kagaku Kogaku Kaishi 48: 64-68. https://doi.org/10.3136/nskkk.48.64
- Zeng X, Wang Z. 1991. Study on the aroma of roasted green tea. Proceedings of ISTS, Shizuoka, Japan. p 62.
- Michiko K, Tei Y. 1999. Formation of aroma components in roasted or pan-fired green tea by roasting or pan-firing treatment. Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi 73: 893-906. https://doi.org/10.1271/nogeikagaku1924.73.893
- Tadakazu T. 1983. Variations in the aroma compound content of semi-fermented and black tea. Nippon Nogeikaguku Kaishi 57: 457-459. https://doi.org/10.1271/nogeikagaku1924.57.457
- Kobayashi A, Kawamyra M, Yamamoto Y, Shimizu K, Kubota K, Yamaishi T. 1989. Methyl epijasmonate in the essential oil of tea. Agric Biol Chem 52: 2299-2305.
- John H. 1995. Beneficial effects of tea in chronic disease prevention. The 3rd international symposium on green tea. Korean Soc Food Sci Technol, Seoul, Korea. p 1-12.
- Cheng Q, Wang Y. 1995. Effect of tea on health and on anti-radiation injury. The 3rd international symposium on green tea. Korean Soc Food Sci Technol, Seoul, Korea. p 45-52.
- Sugiyama K. 1995. Anti-allergic effects of tea. The 3rd international symposium on green tea. Korean Soc Food Sci Technol, Seoul, Korea. p 59-64.
- Muramatsu K, Fukuyo M, Hara Y. 1986. Effect of green tea catechins on plasma cholesterol level in cholesterol fed rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 32: 221-228.
- AOAC. 1984. Official Methods Analysis. 14th ed. Association of official analytical chemists, Washington DC.
- Nollet I. 1992. Food analysis by HPLC. Chapter 10. Quantitative determination of water-soluble vitamins using HPLC. Marcel Dekker Inc., NY. p 341-349.
- Wilson AM, Work TM, Bushway AA, Bushway RJ. 1981. HPLC determination of fructose, glucose and sucrose in potatoes. J Food Sci 46: 300-301. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1981.tb14589.x
- Palmer J, List DM. 1973. Determination of organic acids in foods by liquid chromatography. J Agric Food Chem 21: 903. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60189a019
- Ohara I, Ariyoshi S. 1979. Comparison of protein precipitants for the determination of free amino acid in plasma. Agric Biol Chem 43: 1473-1478. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.43.1473
- Blauch JL, Tarka SM. 1983. HPLC determination of caffeine and theobromine in coffee, tea and instantant hot cocoa mixes. J Food Sci 48: 745-747. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1983.tb14888.x
- Rah HH, Baik SO, Han SB, Bock JY. 1992. Impronement of analytical method for catechins in green tea. J Korean of Agric Chem Soc 35: 276-280.
- Ko YS, Lee IS. 1985. A study on the changes the components in the steaming and roasting green tea after heat trements according to time. J Korean Home Economics Association 23: 29-36.
- Hong HJ, Choi JH, Choi KH, Choi SW, Rhee SJ. 1999. Quality changes of Sulgiduk added green tea powder during storage. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 1064-1068.
- Shin MK. 1985. Studies on the qulity of Korean wild green tea (Thea sinensis L.). PhD Dissertation. Hanyang University.
- Kawakami M, Uchida H, Kobayashi A. 1987. Correlation between caffeine and total nitrogen in small tea leaf species and large tea leaf species. Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi 61: 365-367. https://doi.org/10.1271/nogeikagaku1924.61.365
- Shihoko T, Yumie M, Toshio M, Yusuke S, Kazuo I. 1987. Comparison of caffein and catechin components in infusion of various tea (green tea, ooling and black tea) and tea drinks. Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkaishi 34: 20-27. https://doi.org/10.3136/nskkk1962.34.20
- Iwai K, Sato M, Matsue H. 2000. Relationship between antioxidative activity estimated by XYZ-dish method and catechin concentration in commercially available tea drinks. Nippon Shokuhin Kagaku Kogaku Kaishi 47: 120-129. https://doi.org/10.3136/nskkk.47.120
- Park GS, Jeon JR, Lee SJ. 1999. The sensory charactateristics of Korean green tea produced by Kujeungkupo's method. Korean J Soc Food Sci 15: 475-482.
- The Quality Characteristics of Boiled Pork Supplemented with Tea Extracts vol.42, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.5.774
- Changes of Nutrient Composition and Antioxidative Activities of Fermented Tea during Fermentation vol.26, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2013.26.3.398
- Antioxidant and Neuroprotective Effects of Green Tea Seed Shell Ethanol Extracts vol.45, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.7.958
- Changes of Antioxidative Components and Activity of Fermented Tea during Fermentation Period vol.40, pp.8, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.8.1073
- Physicochemical Changes in Hemerocallis coreana Nakai After Blanching, Drying, and Fermentation vol.42, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.10.1638
- Changes of Chemical Components of Fermented Tea during Fermentation Period vol.39, pp.12, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.12.1807
- Effect of Fermentation Time on the Chemical Composition of Mulberry (Morus alba L.) Leaf Teas vol.19, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.4.276
- The Sensory Characteristics of Korean Wild Teas According to the Degree of Fermentation vol.32, pp.7, 2003, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1011
- Chemical Properties and Nitrite Scavenging and Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitory Activities from Salicornia herbaciea Seed vol.28, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7841/ksbbj.2013.28.6.372
- Changes in Physicochemical Properties of Actinidia arguta (Siebold & Zucc.) Planch. ex Miq. by Blanching, Drying, and Fermentation vol.44, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.3.425
- Whitening Effect of Green Tea Seed Shell Ethanol Extracts vol.44, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.10.1470
- The Analysis of the Physiologic Activities of the Jeju Teas according to the Fermentational Degree vol.24, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.2.236
- Physicochemical Characteristics and Biological Activities of Artemisia Argyi H. vol.24, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2014.24.4.377
- Difference of Catechins Extracted Level when Fermented Sun-dried Salt and Green Tea vol.12, pp.11, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.11.278
- DEVELOPMENT OF SAMPLE PREPARATION, PRESENTATION PROCEDURE AND SENSORY DESCRIPTIVE ANALYSIS OF GREEN TEA vol.23, pp.4, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-459X.2008.00165.x
- Analyses of Active Components and Quality Characteristics in the Manufacturing of Fermented Mulberry Leaf (Morus alba) Tea vol.39, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.6.859
- Change of the Chemical Properties of Microbial-fermented Tea using Eurotium cristatum vol.49, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2015.49.6.269
- Green tea quality attributes: a cross-cultural study of consumer perceptions using importance–performance analysis (IPA) vol.21, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/15378020.2017.1368809