- Volume 32 Issue 3
This study was conducted to examine the effect of soy flour on tapioca non- steamed fermentation. A whole soy flour was higher than roasting soy flour in alcohol content. Alcohol content was increased up to 2% of soy flour, and decreased after adding 3% soy flour. The pH and total acidity were showed no significant differences by adding soy flour, roasted soy flour, water and enzyme. The optimum conditions for alcohol production were 2% (w/w) of soy flour,0.5% (w/w) of enzyme and 250% (v/w) of water at 96 hr. Addition of soy flour increased yield of alcohol.
- Lee SY, Shin YC, Lee SH, Kim HS, Byun SM. 1984. Saccharification of uncooked starch. Korean J Food Sci Technol 16: 463-471.
- Han MS, Chung DH. 1985. Saccharification and ethanol fermentation from uncooked starch using Aspergillus niger Koji. Korean J Food Sci Technol 17: 258-264.
- Park KH, Oh BH, Hong SS, Lee KH. 1984. Production of alcohol from starch without cooking. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 27: 98-203.
- Lee YH, Jo KH. 1998. A novel saccharification method of uncooked concentrated corn starch using an agitated bead reaction system. Korean J Appl Microbiol Bioeng 14: 399-405.
- Kwon KR, Kim JH. 1987. Studies on the utilization of cassava starch by a strain of Rhizopus and Aspergillus niger. Korean J Mycol 15: 158-168.
- Chee KM. 1986. Nutritive values of tapioca. Korean J Animal Nutrition & Feedstuffs 10: 17-18.
- Kim KH, Park SH. 1995. Liquefaction and saccharification of tapioca starch for fuel ethanol production. Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 10: 304-316.
- Jeong YJ, Baek CH, Woo KJ, Woo SM, Lee OS, Ha YD. 2002. Alcohol fermentation characteristics of tapioca using raw starch enzyme. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 405-410. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.3.405
- Kang JH. 1999. Functional characterization of soy protein hydrolysate. Food industry and nutrition 4: 66-72.
- Lee JS, Ko YT, Paik JK. 1984. Effects of defatted soy milk on the growth of Lactobacillus acidophilus. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 27: 7-12.
- Damiano D, Wang SS. 1985. Improvements in ethanol concentration and fermentor ethanol productivity in yeast fermentations using whole soy flour in batch, and continuous recycle systems. Biotechnology Letters 7: 135-140. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01026685
- Ju NH, Damiano D, Shin CS, Kim NK, Wang SS. 1983. Continuous ethanol fermentation of Zymomonas mobilis using soy flour as a protective agent. Biotechnology letters 5: 837-842. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01386658
- Viegas CA, Sa-correia E, Novais JM. 1985. Rapid production of high concentrations of ethanol by Saccharomyces layanus mechanisms of action of soy flour supplementation. Biotechnology Letters 7: 515-520. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01199871
- Viegas CA, Sa-correia E, Novais JM. 1985. Nutrientenhanced production of remarkably high concentrations of ethanol by Saccharomyces bayanus through soy flour supplementation. Environmental Microbiology 50: 1333-1335.
- Casey GP, Magnus CA, Ingledew WM. 1983. Nutrient enhance production of high concentrations of ethanol by brewing yeast. Biotechnology Letters 5: 429-434. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00131286
- Jeong YJ. 1997. Optimization for the fermentation condition of persimmon vinegar using response surface methodology. PhD Dissertation. Yeungnam Univ.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Method of Analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC. p 148.
- SAS institute, Inc. 1988. SAS/STAT User's Guide. Version 6. 4th ed. Cary, NC, USA.
- 국세청 기술 연구소. 1999. 주류 분석 규정. 6: 65-67.
- Production of Makgeolli Using Rice Treated with Gaeryang-Nuruk (for Non-steaming Process) Extract vol.19, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.1.144