- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Survey on the Sensory Preference for Making Summer Kimchi by Nationwide Region
여름철 배추김치 담금시 지역별 관능적 선호도 조사
- Cha, Yong-Jun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Kim, Hun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Cho, Wo-Jin (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Jung, Yeon-Jung (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Lee, Young-Mi (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Jeong (LG Electronics Digital Appliance Co.)
- 차용준 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김훈 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 조우진 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 정연정 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 이영미 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김은정 (LG전자 디지털 어플라이언스)
- Published : 2003.04.01
The purpose of this study was to investigate the preferred methods for making summer kimchi as a basic research of making commercial kimchi. Questionnaire were collected from 590 housewives nationwide in Korea, and the data were analyzed by SPSS program. The results were as follows: (1) The average salting time of Chinese cabbage was 3~5 hrs when the combined method of dry and brine salting was used, regardless of the region. (2) Seven jeotkals (salt-fermented fishes) including anchovy, anchovy juice, shrimp, northern sand lance juice, hair-tail viscera, flatfish and yellow corvenia were mainly used in kimchi. Among them, anchovy and anchovy juice jeotkals were preferred to all others in Southern area (Busan, Gwangju, Gyeongnam, Gyeongbuk, Jeonnam), while shrimp jeotkal in Seoul, Gwangju, Jeonbuk, Chungnam and Jeju, and northern sand lance juice jeotkal in Daegu, Daejeon and Gyeonggi, respectively. In most regions, however, blending type of 2 jeotkals was used in kimchi. (3) Eleven ingredients such as red pepper, garlic, ginger, green onion, radish, leek, onion, carrot, sugar, sesame and MSG were used as basic components for making kimchi. In particular, MSG was used as a basic ingredient regardless of region and age. However, a standard taste for making kimchi was depended on housewife in this study.
- Lee CH, Ahn BS. 1995. Literature review on kimchi, Korean fermented vegetable foods I. History of kimchi making. Korean J Dietary Culture 10: 311-319.
- 김숙희. 1991. 현대 식탁에서의 김치의 의미. Korean J Dietary Culture 6: 521-526.
- Kim EM, Kim YM, Jo JH, Woo SJ. 1998. A study on the housewives recognition and preference of seafoods and fermented seafoods add kimchi. Korean J Dietary Culture 13: 19-26.
- No HK, Lee SH, Kim SD. 1995. Effects of ingredients on fermentation of Chinese cabbage kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 642-650.
- Kim MH, Shin MS, Jhon DY, Hong YH, Lim HS. 1987. Quality characteristics of kimchies with different ingredients. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 16: 268-277.
- 이진희. 1994. 부재료가 김치 발효 특성에 미치는 영향. 김치의 과학. 1994년도 한국식품과학회 심포지움발표논문집. p 160-174.
- Kim KO, Kim WH. 1994. Changes in properties of kimchi prepared with different kinds and levels of salted and fermented seafoods during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 324-330.
- Chung ME, Lee HJ, Woo SJ. 1994. Effect of soused shrimp and cooked glutinous rice flour on the changes of low molecular nitrogen compounds content during kimchi fermentation. Korean J Dietary Culture 9: 125-130.
- Jang KS. 1990. Effect of mono sodium glutamate on the fermentation of Korean cabbage kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 19: 342-348.
- Lee JM, Kim HJ. 1994. A study on the standardization method of brining conditions and storage day in the preparation of traditional Chinese whole cabbage kimchi. Korean J Dietary Culture 9: 87-93.
- 한응수, 석문식. 1996. 김치공장의 배추 절임공정 개선. 식품산 업과 영양 1: 50-70.
- Han JS, Kim MS, Song JE. 1996. A study for the taste and storage of kimchi. Korean J Dietary Culture 11: 207-215.
- Cho EJ, Lee SM, Rhee SH, Park KY. 1998. Studies on the standardization of Chinese cabbage kimchi. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 324-332.
- Jo JS, Hwang SY. 1988. Standardization of kimchi and related products (2). Korean J Dietary Culture 3: 301-307.
- Choi SK, Hwang SY, Jo JS. 1997. Standardization of kimchi and related products (3). Korean J Diet Culture 12: 531-548.
- Choi SY, Kim YB, Yoo JY, Lee IS, Chung KS, Koo YJ. 1990. Effect of temperature and salts concentration of kimchi manufacturing on storage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 22: 707-710.
- Kim HS. 2002. The effect of storage method and duration on the physicochemical characteristics and consumer acceptance of kimchi. Korean J Food Culture 17: 638-645.
- Yoon SI, Kim YC, Lee C. 1988. A consumer survey in Seoul area on marketed kimchi products. Korean J Diet Culture 3: 369-376.
- Moon HJ, Lee YM. 1999. A survey on elementary, middle and high school students'attitude and eating behaviors about kimchi in Seoul and Kyunggido area. Korean J Dietary Culture 14: 29-41.
- Kim JH, Park WP, Kim JS, Park JH, Ryu JD, Lee HG, Song YO. 2000. A survey on the actual state in kimchi in Kyungnam (I)-The study of the preference of kimchi and actual amounts of kimchi intake-. Korean J Diet Culture 15: 139-145.
- Kim JH, Park WP, Kim JS, Park JH, Ryu JD, Lee HG, Song YO. 2000. A survey on the actual state in kimchi in Kyungnam (II)-The study of the notion and preference of kimchi products for sale-. Korean J Diet Culture 15: 147-153.
- Lee KI, Rhee SH, Han JS, Park KY. 1995. Kinds and characteristics of traditional special kimchi in Pusan and Kyungnam province. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 734-743.
- Ryu JY, Lee HS, Rhee HS. 1984. Changes of organic acids and volatile flavor compounds in kimchies fermented with different ingredients. Korean J Food Sci Technol 16: 169-174.
- Lee SK, Shin MS, Jhong DY, Hong YH, Lim HS. 1989. Changes of kimchies contained different garlic contents during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 21: 68-74.
- Lee SW, Woo SJ. 1989. Effect of some materials on the content of nitrate, nitrite and vitamin C in kimchi during fermentation. Korean J Dietary Culture 4: 161-166.
- Ryu BM, Jeon YS, Moon GS, Song YS. 1996. The changes of pectic substances and enzyme activity, texture, microstructure of anchovy added kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 25: 470-477.
- Ryu BM, Jeon YS, Song YS, Moon GS. 1996. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of anchovy added kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 25: 460-469.
- A Nationwide Survey on the Preference Characteristics of Minor Ingredients for Winter Kimchi vol.32, pp.4, 2003, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.4.555
- A Study on Foreigner Preferences and Sensory Characteristics of Kimchi Fermented for Different Periods vol.27, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2012.27.4.346
- Pre-processed spice mix formulation and changes in its quality during storage vol.39, pp.6, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2005.05.004