- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Surimi Processing Using Acid and Alkali Solubilization of Fish Muscle Protein
산과 알칼리 pH에서 어육 단백질의 용해를 이용한 수리미 제조
- 박주동 (경상대학교 해양생물이용학부/해양산업연구소) ;
- 정춘희 (경상대학교 해양생물이용학부/해양산업연구소) ;
- 김진수 (경상대학교 해양생물이용학부/해양산업연구소) ;
- 조득문 (창원대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 조민성 ;
- 최영준 (경상대학교 해양생물이용학부/해양산업연구소)
- Published : 2003.04.01
The surimi processing from jack mackerel and white croaker muscle using acidic and alkaline solubilization was evaluated. The optimum pH for solubilizing protein in acidic and alkaline range was around 2.5 and 10.5, respectively. The optimum pH value for recovery of protein was around 5. The protein solubility was decreased with increase of salt. The homogenized speed and time for maximum solubility were below 9,500 rpm and 30s, respectively The optimum ratio of water to minced muscle was 6 by evaluating breaking force, deformation and whiteness of cooked gel. The protein yield of alkaline processing is higher than that of conventional processing. In addition, the waste water of conventional processing had high solid, nitrogen content and chemical oxygen demand compare to those of acidic and alkaline processing.
- Park JW, Morrissey MT. 2000. Manufacturing of surimi from light muscle fish. In Surimi and Surimi Seafood. Park JW, ed. Marcel Dekker, New York. p 23-58.
- NFI. 1991. A manual of standard methods for measuring and specifying the properties of surimi. Lanier TC, Hart K, Martin RE, eds. University of North Carolina Sea Grant College Program, Raleigh, NC, USA.
- Shimizu Y, Toyohara H, Lanier TC. 1992. Surimi production from fatty and dark-fleshed fish species. In Surimi Technology. Lanier TC, Lee CM, eds. Marcel Dekker, New York. p 181-207.
- Akahane T. 1988. Product development with surimi from fatty species for the US food supply. In Proceedings of a national technical conference of fatty fish utilization: Upgrading from feed to food. Raleigh, NC. p 265-276.
- Nonaka N, Hirata F, Saeki H, Sasamoto Y.1989. Manufacture of highly nutritional fish meat for food stuff from sardine. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 55: 1575-1581. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.55.1575
- Stefannson G, Hultin O. 1994. On the solubility of cod muscle proteins in water. J Agric Food Chem 42: 2656-2664. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00048a002
- Lin TM, Park JW. 1996. Extraction of proteins from Pacific whiting mince at various washing conditions. J Food Sci 61: 432-438. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1996.tb14210.x
- Lin TM, Park JW, Morrissey MT. 1995. Recovered protein and reconditioned water from surimi processing waste. J Food Sci 60: 4-9.
- Park JW. 2001. New developments in surimi and surimi seafood. Abstract No Th01-1 presented at of 11th World Congress of Food Science and Technology. Seoul, Korea.
- Choi YJ, Park JW. 2002. Acid-aided protein recovery from enzyme-rich Pacific whiting. J Food Sci 67: 2962-2969. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2002.tb08846.x
- Morrissey MT, Park JW, Huang L. 2000. Surimi processing waste. In Surimi and Surimi Seafood. Park JW, ed. Marcel Dekker, New York. p 127-166.
- Hultin HO, Kelleher SD. 2000. Surimi processing from dark muscle fish. In Surimi and Surimi Seafood. Park JW, ed. Marcel Dekker, New York. p 59-78.
- Choi YJ, Park JW. 2000. Feasibility study of new acid-aided surimi processing methods for enzyme-laden Pacific whiting. Abstract No 51A-4 presented at 2000 Annual Meeting of the Institute of Food Technologist. Dallas, TX, USA.
- Kim YS, Park JW, Choi YJ. 2002. Physicochemical characteristics of fish proteins treated at various pH conditions. Abstract No of 56-4 at presented 2002 Annual Meeting of the Institute of Food Technologist. Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Undeland I, Kelleher SD, Hultin HO. 2002. Recovery of functional proteins from herring (Clupea harengus) light muscle by an acid or alkaline solubilization process. J Agric Food Chem 50: 7371-7379. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf020199u
- Umemoto S. 1966. A modified method for estimation of fish muscle protein by Biuret method. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 32: 427-435. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.32.427
- Okada M. 1964. Effect of washing on the jelly forming ability of fish meat. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 30: 255-261. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.30.255
- Park JW. 1994. Functional protein additives in surimi gels. J Food Sci 59: 525-527
- 秦忠夫, 林力丸. 1971. アミノ酸. クンパク質の分析. 講談社, 東京. p 2-7.
- 김용술. 1994. 수질분석. 통영수산전문대학 출판부, 통영. p 174-177.
- JMP. 2002. Statistics and graphics guide. Version 5.0, SAS Institute, Cary, NC. p 179-209.
- Suzuki T. 1981. Fish and krill protein: Processing technology. Applied Science Publishers Ltd, London. p 5-61.
- Sikorski ZE, Pan BS, Shahidi F. 1994. Seafood Protein. Chapman & Hall, New York. p 13-57.
- Dagher SM, Hultin HO, Liang Y. 2000. Solubility of cod muscle myofibrillar proteins at alkaline pH. J Aquatic Food Product Technol 9: 49-59. https://doi.org/10.1300/J030v09n04_06
- Chang H-S, Feng Y, Hultin HO. 2001. Role of pH in gel formation of washed chicken muscle at low ionic strength. J Food Biochemistry 25: 439-457. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4514.2001.tb00751.x
- Dewitt CAM, Gomez G, James JM. 2002. Protein extraction from beef heart using acid solubilization. J Food Sci 67: 3335-3341. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2002.tb09588.x
- Effects of pH Adjustment and Sodium Chloride Addition on Quality Characteristics of Surimi Using Pork Leg vol.27, pp.1, 2007, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.1.35
- Biochemical Properties of Pelagic Fish Proteins as Affected by Isolation Methods and Gel Properties by Heating Methods vol.21, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1080/10498850.2011.594977
- Effect of Cordyceps ochraceostromat, Silkworm Cocoon, and Conjugated Linoleic Acid on the Quality and Storage Characteristics of Pork Sausage Manufactured by MDCM (Mechanically Deboned Chicken Meat) Recovered Protein vol.30, pp.2, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2010.30.2.243
- Alternative Techniques for Producing a Quality Surimi and Kamaboko from Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio) vol.73, pp.9, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00937.x
- Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Recovered Protein from Frozen Small Croaker and Functional Properties of Its Hydrolysates vol.74, pp.1, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00988.x
- Quality Properties of Gouda Cheese Added with Fish Surimi vol.54, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2012.54.1.23
- Protein Recovery of Tilapia Frame By-Products by pH-Shift Method vol.22, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1080/10498850.2011.629077
- Contribution of Sarcoplasmic Proteins to Myofibrillar Proteins Gelation vol.77, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2011.02521.x
- Optimum Formulation of Starch and Non-muscle Protein for Alkali Surimi Gel from Frozen White Croaker vol.32, pp.7, 2003, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1026
- Physico-chemical and Sensory Characteristics of Chicken Breast Surimi with Washing and the Addition of Sodium Chloride vol.27, pp.2, 2007, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.2.142
- Comparison of Textural Properties of Crab-flavored Sausage with Different Proportions of Chicken Meat vol.28, pp.4, 2008, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.4.395
- The Acid and Alkaline Solubilization Process for the Isolation of Muscle Proteins: State of the Art vol.2, pp.1, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11947-008-0088-4
- Comparison of functional properties and SDS-PAGE patterns between fish protein isolate and surimi produced from silver carp vol.235, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-012-1721-z
- Acid and alkaline solubilization (pH shift) process: a better approach for the utilization of fish processing waste and by-products vol.25, pp.19, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-2319-1