- Volume 32 Issue 3
To evaluate the antimicrobial activity of green tea against putrefactive microorganism in steamed bread, antibacterial activity of green tea extract against well-known strains of spoilage bacteria (Bacillus subtilis ATCC 6633, Bacillus pulmilus KCTC 3348 and Bacillus cereus IFO 12113) and mold (Aspergillus niger KCCM l1239) in bread was determined using the paper disk method. The green tea extract (GTE) showed the inhibition effects on the growth of all the strains of bacteria and mold at 1, 2, 3% levels. The activity of GTE was stable in the wide range of pH (4~9) and temperature (50~20
- 서남석. 1998. 제빵산업의 현황과 전망. 식품기술 11: 15-29.
- Wee JH, Moon JH, Park KH. 1999. Catechin content and composition of domestic tea leaves at different plucking time. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 20-23.
- Roh HJ, Shin YS, Lee KS, Shin MK. 1996. Antimicrobial activity of water extract of green tea against cooked rice putrefactive microorganism. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 66-71.
- Cho YS, Kim HS, Kim SK, Kwon OC. 1997. Antibacterial and bactericidal activity of green tea extracts. J Korean Tea Soc 3: 89-103.
- Kim SI, Kim KJ, Jung HO, Han YS. 1998. Effects of mugwort on the extention of shelf-life of bread and rice cake. Korean J Soc Food Sci 14: 106-113.
- Park CS. 2000. Effects of pine needle and green tea extracts on the survival of pathogenic bacteria. Korean J Soc Food Sci 16: 40-46.
- Kim KH, Min KC, Lee SH, Han YS. 1999. Isolation and identification of antimicrobial compound from dandelion. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 822-829.
- Kumar M, Berwal JS. 1998. Sensitivity of food pathogens to garlic. Appl Bacteriol 84: 213-215. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2672.1998.00327.x
- Kang SK. 1995. Isolation and antimicrobial activity of antimicrobial substance obtained from leaf-mustard. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 24: 695-701.
- Matsumoto N, Ishigaki OF, Iwashima H, Hara Y. 1993. Reduction of blood glucose levels by tea catechin. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 57: 525-517. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.57.525
- Yeo SG, Ahn CW, Lee YW, Lee TK, Park YH, Kim SB. 1995. Antioxidative effects of tea extracts from green tea, oolong tea, black tea. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 299-304.
- Yeo SG, Ahn CW, Park YB, Park YH, Kim SB. 1995. Antimicrobial effects of tea extracts from green tea, oolong and black tea. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 293-298.
- Park CS. 1998. Antibacterial activity water extract of green tea against pathogenic bacteria. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 5: 286-291.
- Piddock LJV. 1990. Techniques used for the determination of antimicrobial resistance and sensitivity in bacterial. J Appl Bacteriol 68: 307-312. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2672.1990.tb02880.x
- Oh YK, Kim CS, Chang DJ. 2002. Optimization of steamed bread making with addition of green tea powder using response surface methodology. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 451-459. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.3.451
- AACC. 1983. Approved Methods of the AACC. 8th ed. American Association of Cereal Chemists, St. Paul, MN.
- Park CS, Cha MS, Kim ML. 2001. Change in the antibacterial activity of green tea extracts in various pH of culture broth against Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella typhimurium. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 8: 206-212.
- Jung JY, Cho EJ. 2002. The effect of green tea powder levels on storage characteristics of tofu. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 18: 129-135.
- Effect of Sargassum fulvellum Extracts on Shelf-Life and Quality Improvement of Bread vol.40, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.6.867
- Quality Characteristics of Green Tea Jeungpyun Made with Meringue vol.33, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.1.37
- Effect of Sargassum sagamianum Extract on Shelf-life and Improved Quality of Morning Bread vol.43, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2011.43.6.723
- Naturally Occurring Antimicrobials for Minimally Processed Foods vol.4, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-food-030212-182535