- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Weight Reduction Effect of Extract of Fermented Red Pepper on Female College Students
비만여대생을 대상으로 고추발효추출물의 체중감량 효과에 대한 연구
- 장은재 (동덕여자대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김동건 (동덕여자대학교 데이터정보학과) ;
- 김진만 (고려대학교 병설 보건대학 식품영양과) ;
- 서형주 (고려대학교 병설 보건대학 식품영양과) ;
- 오성훈 (안산공과대학 식품공학과)
- Published : 2003.04.01
This study was attempted to evaluate the effectiveness of extract of fermented red pepper The extract of fermented red pepper was prepared from fermented red pepper puree and polydextrose. Sixteen female college students were participated in this 8 weeks weight control program. All subjects were randomly assigned to the Internet Diet (ID) group or Internet I, fermented red pepper (IR) group. Mean energy intake of ID group was 1,279.9
- Kae SH. 2001. Patterns of body weight and diet for Korean.-1998 National Health and Nutrition Survey-. Proceeding for Korean Cummunity Nutrition. Society Spring Conference p 7-28.
- Oh SJ, Kim YS, Park CY, Kim SW, Yang IM, Kim JW, Choi YK, Paeng JR, Shin HD. 2000. Body fat decreasing mechanism of red ginseng compound. J Kor Soc Study Obesity 9: 209-218.
- Lee HY. 1997. A study on effects of aloe added diet control program S-28 on obese women. J Kor Soc Study Obesity 6: 75-84.
- Moon SJ, Kim HK, Ahn KM, Kim HY, Kim SB, Kim SB, Yeo IH. 1997. The effect of (-)-hydroxyxitrate on weight control program in obese women. Korean J Nutrition 30: 155-169.
- Noh SK. 2002. Functional action of flavonoids for treatment of obesity. Food Industry & Nutrition 7: 27-29.
- Lee JH. 2002. Species, mechanism, method and clinical evaluation of weight reduction food. Forum of Functional Health Food.
- Henry CJK, Emery B. 1985. Effect of spiced food on metabolic rate. Hum Nutr Clin Nutr 40C: 165-168.
Kawada T, Watanabe T, Takaishi T, Tanaka T, Iwai K. 1986. Capsaicin induced
$\beta$-adrenergic action on energy metabolism in rats: influence of capsaicin on oxygen consumption, the respiratory quotient and substrate utilization. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 183: 250-256. https://doi.org/10.3181/00379727-183-42414
- Lee CH. 1992. The effect of absorption and energy metabolism on capsaicin. Segwhahak Nyusu 12: 227-231.
- Sambaiah K, Satyanarayana MN. 1982. Influence of red pepper and capsaicin on body composition and lipogenesis in rats. J Biosci 4: 425-430. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02704635
- Kawada T, Hgihara K, Iwai K. 1986. Effects of capsaicin on lipid metabolism in rats fed a high fat diet. J Nutr 116: 1272-1278. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/116.7.1272
- Watanabe T, Kawada T, Iwai K. 1987. Enhancement by capsaicin of erergy metabolism in rats through secretion of catecholamine from adrenal medulla. Agric Biol Chem 51: 75-79. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.51.75
Choo JJ, Shin HJ. 1999. Body-fat suppressive effects of capsaicin through
$\beta$-adrenergic stimulation in rat fed a highfat diet. Korean J Nutrition 32: 533-539.
- Yoshioka M, St-Pieere, Suzuki M, Trembley A. 1998. Effects of red pepper added to high-fat and high-carbohydrate meals on energy metabolism and substrate utilization in Japanese women. Bri J Nur 80: 504-510.
- Suh HJ, Chang UJ. 2002. Hypolipidemic properties of fermented capsicum and its product. Nutraceuticals & Food 7: 245-249. https://doi.org/10.3746/jfn.2002.7.3.245
- Saria A, Lembeck F, Skofitsch G. 1981. Determination of capsaicin in tissues and separation of capsaicin analogues by high-performance liquid chromatograpgy. J Chromatogr 208: 41-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)87957-1
- Friedwald WT, Levy RI, Fredrickson DS. 1972. Estimation of the concentration of low density lipoprotein cholesterol without use of preperative ultra centrifuge. Clin Chem 18: 499-502.
- Chang UJ, Lim KA, Han YB. 1999. Effect of nutrition education on weight control program. Korean J Food & Nutr 12: 177-183.
- Ravussin E, Bogardus C. 1989. Relationship of genetics, age, and physical fitness to daily energy expenditure and fuel utilization. Am J Clin Nutr 49: 968-975. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/49.5.968
- Berke EM, Gardner AW, Goran MI, Poehlman ET. 1992. Resting metabolic rate and influence of the pretesting environment. Am J Clin Nutr 55: 626-629. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/55.3.626
- Donnelly JE, Pronk NP, Jacobsen DJ, Pronk SJ, Jakicic JM. 1991. Effects of a very-low-calorie diet and physical-training regimens on body composition and resting metabolic rate in obese females. Am J Clin Nutr 54: 56-61. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/54.1.56
- Molnar D, Schutz Y. 1997. The effect of obesity, age, puberty and gender on resting metabolic rate in children and adolescents. Eur J Pediatr 156: 376-381. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004310050618
- Cunningham JJ. 1991. Body composition as a determinant of energy expenditure: a synthetic review and a proposed general prediction equation. Am J Clin Nutr 54: 963-969. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/54.6.963
- Nelson KM, Weinsier RL, Long CL, Schutz Y. 1992. Prediction of resting energy expenditure from fat-free mass and fat mass. Am J Clin Nutr 56: 848-856. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/56.5.848
- Lim KW, Suh HJ. 1997. Effect of red pepper ingestion on energy substrates utilization during rest in athletes. Kor J Exer Nutr 1: 61-67.
- A Literature Study on the Amount of Red Pepper in Cabbage Kimchi between the Decades from 1920 to 2010 in Cookbooks, Newspapers and Magazines vol.30, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2015.30.5.576
- Effects of Diet Food Containing Jerusalem Artichoke's Inulin, Lotus Leaf, and Herb on Weight and Body Fat of Obesity University Students vol.52, pp.1, 2009, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2009.002
- Effects of Fermented Pepper Powder on Body Fat Accumulation in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet vol.77, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.130063
- The Effect of Antifat Diets with β-Cyclodextrin on the Weight Loss in Obese Korean Women vol.33, pp.5, 2004, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.5.832
- Physicochemical and Sensory Properties of Red Pepper Extract treated with Enzyme Complex vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2015.28.4.628
- Quality Characteristics of the Germinated Brown Rice Vinegar Added with Red Pepper vol.39, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.4.567