- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Trans Fatty Acids Intake and Behavior of Having Meals in Middle School Students of Busan
부산지역 중학생의 trans 지방산 섭취 수준과 식행동 조사
- 심영주 (부산시 해운대구 양운중학교) ;
- 노경희 (인제대학교 의생명공학대학 식품생명과학부, 식품과학연구소 및 바이오헬스소재센타) ;
- 이미옥 (영산대학교 외식경영전공) ;
- 송영선 (인제대학교 의생명공학대학 식품생명과학부, 식품과학연구소 및 바이오헬스소재센타)
- Published : 2003.04.01
To assess trans fatty acids (tFAs) intake of middle school students in Busan, behavior of having meals and 3 day's food record were surveyed in 800 subjects. 35.3% of subjects responded to twice a day in frequency of snack intake. Preferred snack items were ice cream (68.6%) and milk (57.0%). Subjects of dining out preferred jajangmyon (54.6%), seasoned chicken (50.5%), fried chicken (35-3%) in order when dined out. Mean daily tFAs intake of subjects was 1.68
- Ascherio A, Willet C. 1997. Health effects of trans fatty acids. Am J Clin Nutr 66(s): 1006-1010. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/66.4.1006S
- Grandgirard A, Sebedio JL, Fluery J. 1984. Geometrical isomerization of linolenic acid during heat treatment of vegetable oils. J Am Oil Chem Soc 61: 1563-1568. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02541633
- Slover HT, Carpenter DL. 1973. Relative nutritional value of various dietary fats and oils. J Am Oil Chem Soc 50: 372. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02640843
- Bethesda MD. 1995. Position paper on trans fatty acids. Am J Clin Nutr 63: 663-670.
- Watts GF, Jackson P, Burke V, Lewis B. 1996. Dietary fatty acids and progression of cornary artery disease in men. Am J Clin Nutr 64: 202-209. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/64.2.202
- Willet WC, Ascherio A. 1994. Trans fatty acids are the effects only marinal?. Am J Public Health 84: 722-724 https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.84.5.722
- Calson SE, Clandinin MT, Cook HW, Emken EA, Filter LT. 1997. Trans fatty acids infant development. Am J Clin Nutr 66: 717-736. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/66.3.717S
- Emken EA. 1984. Nutrition and biochemistry of trans and positional fatty acid isomers in hydrogenated oils. Annu Rev Nutr 4: 339-377. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.nu.04.070184.002011
- Decsi T, Koletzko B. 1995. Do trans fatty acids impair linoleic acid metabolism in children. Am Nutr Metab 39: 36-41. https://doi.org/10.1159/000177840
- Lemaitre RN, King IB, Patterson RE, Psaty BM, Kestin M, Hexkbert SR. 1998. Assessment of trans-fatty acid intake with a food frequency questionnaire and validation with adipose tissue levels of trans-fatty acids. Am J Epidemiol 148: 1085-1093. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a009586
- 管野道廣. 1986. 食品の 加工が 營養科學. 朝倉書店, 東京. p 66-84.
- Ostlund-Lindquist AM, Albanus I, Croon IB. 1985. Effect of dietary trans fatty acids on microsomal enzymes and membranes. Lipids 20: 620-624. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02534289
- Shapiro S. 1997. Do trans fatty acids increase the risk of coronary artery disease? A critique of the epidemiologic evidence. Am J Clin Nutr 66(s): 1011s-7s. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/66.4.1011S
- Hopkins GS, West CE. 1976. Possible roles of dietary fat in carcinogenesis. Life Sci 19: 1103. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-3205(76)90245-9
- Enig MG, Atal S, Keeney M, Sampugna J. 1990. Isomeric trans fatty acids in the US diet. J Am Coll Nutr 9: 471-486. https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.1990.10720404
- 16. FDA. 2000. Mandatory trans labeling may come in 2002. INFORM 11: 173.
- Applewhite TH. 1994. Margarine products in health and nutrition. INFORM 5: 914-921.
- Allison DB, Egan SK, Barraj LM, Caughman C, Infante M, Heimbach JT. 1999. Estimated intakes of trans fatty and other fatty acids in the U.S. population. J Am Diet Assoc 99: 166-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-8223(99)00041-3
- Bolton-Smith C, Woodward M, Fenton S, McCluskey MK, Brow CA. 1995. Trans fatty acids in the Scottish diet. An assessment using a semi-quantitative questionnaire. Br J Nutr 74: 661-670. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19950169
- Hunter JE, Applewhite TH. 1986. Isomeric fatty acids in the U.S. diet levels and health perspectives. Am J Clin Nutr 44: 707-717. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/44.6.707
- Won JS, Ahn MS. 1990. A study on contents of trans fatty acids in foods served at university. MS Thesis. Sungshin Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Noh KH. 2001. Content of fatty acid of Korean processed foods and estimation of trans fatty acids intake in high school girls. PhD Dissertation. Inje University, Korea.
- Lee YJ, Oh KW, Kim SY. 1996. 한국인의 지방산 섭취현황 및 개선 방향. Food Industry and Nutrition 1: 19-22.
- Aro A, Amelsvoot J, Becker E, Erp-Baart MA, Kafatos A, Leth T, Poppel G. 1998. Trans fatty acids in dietary fats and oils from 14 European countries: the TRANSFAIR study. J Food Composition and Analysis 11: 137-149. https://doi.org/10.1006/jfca.1998.0569
- Chin SF, Storkson TM, Albright KJ, Cook ME, Pariza MW. 1994. Conjugated linoleic acid is a growth-factor for rats as shown by enhanced weight-gain improved feed efficiency. J Nutr 124: 2344-2349. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/124.12.2344
- Moustafa A. 1990. Margarines and spread in United States. In Edible fats and oils processing: basic principles and modern practices. Erickson DR, ed. Campaign, American Oil Chemists Society. p 214-220.
- Trans composition data adapted from Nutrient Data Bank Bulletin Board. US Department of Agriculture/Agricultural Research Service Riverdale. MD.
- Effect of Healthy School Tuck Shop on Snack Preference and Food Purchasing Behavior in Adolescents vol.27, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.6.1147