- Volume 17 Issue 2
The reel-lay method of submarine pipelines a continuous string of pipe coiled onto a reel. Assembly of this pipe that is string is accomplished onshore by welding, and nondestructive testing is carried out prior to coiling the pipe. The total length of pipes on the reel depends on the reel and pipe diameters. Pipeline installation is accomplished by uncoiling, straightening the pipe, and laying out the pipe string onto the seabed as the barge moves forward. Installation associated with coiling and uncoiling is related to the bending moment and strain relationship of the pipeline, A highgrade pipe material is required when the reel-lay method is used. This paper is concerned with the highly plastic bending moment of the pipeline, including the effect of ovality. Moment calculation in the pipe is accomplished by the numerical method, including the variable ovalities during the plastic bending of the pipe string. The new calculation method of the high plastic bending moment was applied to the reel-lay method.
- Mechanics of Materials(4th edition) Gere,J.M.;Timoshenko,S.P.
- Proceeding of Offshore Mechnics and Arctic Engineering Ultimate Pipe strength under Bending, Collapse, and Fatigue Murphey,C.E.;Langner,C.G.
- Program Description & Technical Background Pipeline Engineering Software Oceaneering International Inc
- Proceeding of Second International Conference of Applied Mechnics Eigenspannung und Verfestingung beim Messing Masing,G.
- Deepwater Pipelines & Riser Technology Conference Application of a Rational Model for Collapse of Deepwater Pipelines Nogueira,A.C.;Lanan,G.A.
- Mechanics of a Suspended Pipe Span, Shell Development Company, Deep Water Pipeline Feasibility Study Langner,C.G.
- NACA Technical Note 902 Description of Stress-strain Curve by Three Parameters Ramberg,W.;Osgood,W.R.
- American Petroleum Institute Recommended Practice RP1111 Design, Construction, Opertion, and Maintenance of Offshore Hydrocarbon Pipeline (Limit State Design) API