- Volume 10 Issue 2
This work is proposed an alternative identification method of outlying cell which is one of important issues in categorical data analysis. One finds that there is a strong relationship between the location of an outlying cell and the corresponding parameter estimates of the well-fitted log-linear model. Among parameters of log-linear model, an outlying cell is affected by interaction terms rather than main effect terms. Hence one could identify an outlying cell by investigating of parameter estimates in an appropriate log-linear model.
Contingency table;Identification;Interaction;Log-linear model;Main effect;Outlying cell;Residual.
- Outliers in Statistical Data(3rd) Barnet,V.;Lewis,T.
- Technometrics v.30 Detecting Outlying Cells in Two-Way Contingency Tables Via Backwards-Stepping Simonoff,J.S. https://doi.org/10.2307/1270088
- Biometrics v.29 The analysis of residuals in cross-classification tables Haberman,S.J. https://doi.org/10.2307/2529686
- Exploring Data Tables, Trends and Shapes Identifying extreme cells in a sizable contingency table : probabilistic and exploratory approaches Mosteller,F.;Parunak,A.
- Discrete Multivariate Analysis: Theory and Practice Bishop,Y.M.M.;Fienberg,S.E.;Holland,P.W.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.75 A Test for Detecting Outlying Cells in the Multinomial Distribution and Two-Way Contingency Tables Fuchs,C.;Kenett,R. https://doi.org/10.2307/2287465
- Communications in Statistics, Part A - Theory and Methods v.24 Perfect Cells, Direct Models and Contingency Table Outiers Upton,G.;Guillen,M. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610929508831590
- The Korean Communications in Statistics v.7 no.3 Identification of Multiple Outlying Cells in Multy-way Tables Lee, Jong Cheol;Hong, Chong Sun
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.29 The analysis of cross-classified data : independence, quasi-independence, and interaction in contingency tables with or without missing cells Goodman,L.A. https://doi.org/10.2307/2278296
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.61 Identification of the Sources of Significance in Two-Way Contingency Tables Brown,M.B.
- Applied Statistics v.18 Preliminary Graphical analysis and quasi-independence for two-way contingency table Fienberg,S.E. https://doi.org/10.2307/2346257
- Applied Statistics v.33 The identification of outliers in two-way contingency tables using 2×2 subtables Kotze,T.J.W.;Hawkins,D.M. https://doi.org/10.2307/2347447
- The Korean Communications in Statistics v.8 no.1 An Identification of Outlying Cells in Contingency Tables via Correspondence Analysis Map Lee, Jong Cheol;Hong, Chong Sun