- Volume 27 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Acceleration Feedforward Control in Active Magnetic Bearing System Subject to Base Motion by Filtered-x LMS Algorithm
베이스 가진을 받는 능동자기베어링 시스템에서 Filtered-x LMS 알고리듬을 이용한 가속도 앞먹임 제어
- 강민식 (경원대학교 기계공학과)
- Published : 2003.10.01
This paper concerns on application of active magnetic bearing(AMB) system to levitate the elevation axis of an electro-optical sight mounted on moving vehicles. In such a system, it is desirable to retain the elevation axis within the predetermined air-gap while the vehicle is moving. An optimal base acceleration feedforward control is proposed to reduce the base motion response. In the consideration of the uncertainty of the system model, a filtered-x least-mean-square(FXLMS) algorithm is used to estimate the frequency response function of the feedforward control which cancels base motions. The frequency response function is fitted to an optimal feedforward control. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed control reduces the air-gap deviation to 27.7% that by feedback control alone.
Acceleration Feedforward Control;Base Motion;Active Magnetic Bearing;Filtered-X Least-Mea-Square Algorithm;Curve Fitting
- Seung-Jong Kim and Chong-Won Lee, 1998, 'On-Line Identification of Position and Current Stiffnesses in Active Magnetic Bearing System Equipped with Built-in Force Transducers by LMS Algorithm,' Trans. of the KSME A, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 2261-2268
- White, M. T. and Tomizuka, M., 1997, 'Increased Disturbance Rejection in Magnetic Disk Drives by Acceleration Feedforward Control and Parameter Adaptation,' Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 741-751 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(97)00058-0
- Kasada, M. E., Clements, J., Wicks, A. L., Hall, C. D., and Kirk, R. G., 2000, 'Effect of Sinusoidal Base Motion on a Magnetic Bearing,' Proc. IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, pp. 144-149 https://doi.org/10.1109/CCA.2000.897414
- Suzuki, Y., 1998, 'Acceleration Feedforward Control for Active Magnetic Bearing Excited by Ground Motion,' IEEE Proc. Control Theory Appl., Vol. 145, No. 2, pp. 113-118 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:19981751
- Astrom, K. J. and Wittenmark, B., 1990, Computer-Controlled Systems, Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Kuo, S. M. and Morgan, D. R., 1996, Active Noise Control Systems, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Young-Ho Ha and Chong-Won Lee, 1998, 'Unbalance Response Control in Active Magnetic Bearing System by Optimal Control with Frequency-Shaped Cost Functional,' Trans. of the KSME A, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 1431-1441
- Jeon, S., Ahn, H. J., and Han, D. C., 2002, 'Model Validation and Controller Design for Vibration Suppression of Flexible Rotor Using AMB' KSME International Journal, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 1583-1593
- Cole, M. O. T., Keogh, P. S., and Burrows, C. R., 1998, 'Control and Non-linear Compensation of a Rotor/Magnetic Bearing System Subject to base Motion,' 6th Int. Symposium on Magnetic Bearings, Cambridge, MA, pp. 618-627