- Volume 1 Issue 1
Altimeter(Topex/Poseidon) and AVHRR(NOAA) data were used to study the variations and correlations of Sea Level(SL) and Sea Surface Temperature (SST) in the North East Asian Seas from November 1993 to May 1998. This region is influenced simultaneously to continental and oceanic climate. SL and SST have increased gradually every year because the global warming, and presented usually a strong annual variations in Kuroshio extension region with the influence of bottom topography.
EOF Analysis;Sea Level;Sea Surface Temperature
- Le Traon, P. Y., F. Nadal and N. Ducet, 1998: An improved mapping method of multi-satellite altimeter data. J. Atm. Ocean. Techn., 25: 522-534
- Cheney, R. E., 1982: Comparision data for Seasat altimetry in the western North Atlantic. J. Geophys. Res., 87, 3247-3253 https://doi.org/10.1029/JC087iC05p03247
- Nerem, R. S., and B. J. Haines., J. Hendricks, J. F. Minster, G. T. Mitchum, and W. B. White, 1997: Improved determination of global mean sea level variations from TOPEX/Poseidon altimeter data. Geophys. Res. Lett., 24, 1331-1334 https://doi.org/10.1029/97GL01288
- Cames, M. R., J. L. Mitchell, and P. W. de Witt, 1990: Synthetic temperature profiles derived from Geosat altimetry: Comparision with air-dropped expendable bathythermograph profiles. J. Geophys. Res., 95, 17979-17992 https://doi.org/10.1029/JC095iC10p17979
- Eric W. Leuliette and John M. Wahr, 1999: Coupled Pattern Analysis of Sea Temperature and TOPEX/ Poseidon Sea Surface Height, J. Physic Ocean, 29:599-611 https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1999)029<0599:CPAOSS>2.0.CO;2