- Volume 15 Issue 11
Screw compressor type chillers are widely used in refrigeration for capacity over 30 RT. In general, chillers operate under part-load conditions. Therefore, information on characteristics at part-load is very important in view of chiller performance and energy economy. In this study, performance tests of part-load and economizer system using R22 and R407C have been performed for various secondary fluid temperatures. Adoption of an economizer system increased the cooling capacity and improved COP except for lower part-load condition when injection volume ratio is 1.01. For the same cooling capacity condition at part-load, COP of both non-economizer and economizer system showed similar values.
- International Compressor Engineering Conference A Generalized Performance computer program for oil flooded twin-screw compressors Singh,P.;Patel,G.
- International Compressor Engineering Conference Computer modeling for performance of rotary screw compressor Fujiwara,M.;Kasuya,K.;Matsunaga,T.;Watanabe,M.
- ASME J. Fluids Engineering v.119 Development and optimization of screw machines with a simulation midel-Part Ⅱ: Thermodynamic performance simulation and design optimization Hanjalic,K.;Stosic,N.
- Int. J. Refrig. v.14 Performance simulations of twin-screw compressors with economizer Jonsson,S.
- Int. J. Refrig. v.17 Non-azeoptropic mixtures as working fluids in two-stage economizer-type heat pumps Hogberg,M.;Berntsson,T.
- KSME J.(B) v.26 no.3 In-situ performance analysis of centrifugal chiller according to varying conditions of chilled and cooling water Chang,Y.S.;Shin,Y.;Kim,Y.;Baik,Y.J.
- Int. J. Refrig. v.25 no.5 Experimental investigation on the drop-in performance of R407C as a substitute for R22 in a screw chiller with sell-and-tube heat exxhangers Lee,D.;Ahn,Y.;Kim,Y.;Kim,Y.;Chang,Y.S.;Nam,L.W.
- KSME J.(B) v.26 no.3 Simulation of the economizer preformance of a screw compressor using R22 and R407C Park,S.H.;Chang,Y.S.;Kim,Y.;Kim,Y.;Nam,L.W.
- Int. J. Energy Resaerch v.20 From pure fluids to zeotropic and azeotropic mixtures: the effects of refrigerant-oil solubility on system performance Hewitt,N.J.;McMullan,J.T.;Mongey,B.;Evans,R.H.
- Preceedings of the ASME Refrigeration lubricants for R-407C Macaudiere,S.;Rolotti,G.D.