- Volume 10 Issue 3
Bayesian probability models for finite populations are considered assuming so-called the super-population. We find the posterior distribution of population mean by a new approach, using the concept of pivotal quantity for the small sample case. A large sample theory is also treated throught the concept of asymptotically pivotal quantity.
finite population;pivotal quantity;asymptotically pivotal quantity;limiting posterior distribution
- On limiting posterior distributions Hwang,H.T.;So,B.S.;Kim,Y.D.
- Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B v.31 Subjective Bayesian models in sampling finite population(with discussion) Ericson,W.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.81 Empirical Bayes estimation in finite population sampling Ghosh,M.;Meeden,G. https://doi.org/10.2307/2289083
- The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics v.5 no.1 Bayesian ratio estimation in finite population Lee,S.H.;Park,N.H.;Choi,J.S.
- Journal of Theoretical Probability v.2 On conditional weak convergence Sweeting,T.J. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01051878
- Journal of the Korean Statistical Society v.27 no.3 Robust Bayes and empirical Bayes analysis in finite population sampling with auxiliary information Kim,D.H.
- The Korean Communications in Statistics v.9 no.1 A study on the role of pivots in Bayesian Statistics Hwang,H.T. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2002.9.1.221