- Volume 29 Issue 4
The objective of this study was investigate the generation rates, composition, proportion and calorific values each of material in the municipal solid wastes as well as the effect of incineration residual leachate on the environment in Yangsan sanitary landfill site. The results were as follows ; The annual average generation rate of municipal solid wastes in Yang-san is approximately 2.0 kg/cㆍd. The weight percent of combustible matters is on average 78∼87% and the lower heating values of municipal solid wastes is measured to be more than 2,151 kcal/kg after removing the briquette component. The food waste was major source of solid wastes in Yang-san city as 35% and its variation by seasons was negligible. Combustible part was larger than incombustible part of the domestic solid wastes in spring and summer. It is recommended that municipal solid wastes be treated by multiple methods such as the sanitary landfill, resources and recovery, composting and incineration.
- Wilson D.G. : Handbook of solid waste management, Van nostrand reinhold Co., 1997
- Robinson, W.D. : The solid waste handbook, John Wiley Sons, Inc., 1988
- Tcholbanglous, G., Thesen, H. and Vigil, S. : Integrated solid waste management, Mcgraw-Hill, 1993
- Kisan Corporation. : Energy & raw material recovery system, 1996
- Bonomo, L. and Higginson, A.E. : International overview on solid waste management, Academic press. 1988
- Prof. Stalhbeg, Ludi. : Resource recovery facility new technology international seminar, 1996