- Volume 19 Issue 6
The subsurface stress field beneath the gear's contact surface caused by the contact pressure in lubricated condition has been calculated. To evaluate the influence of the clearance shape on the stress field, two kinds of tooth profile models were chosen. One is the conventional cylinder contact model and the other is the new numerical model. Love's rectangular patch solution was used to obtain the subsurface stress field. The analysis results show that the subsurface stress is quite dependent on both the contact pressure and the profile model. The maximum effective stress of the new model is lower than that of the old model. The depth where the maximum effective stress occurs in the new model is not proportional to the intensity of the external load.
- Reliability Engineering & System Safety v.46 Reliability-based design of automotive transmission systems Rao,S.S.;Tjandra Muljadi https://doi.org/10.1016/0951-8320(94)90133-3
- International Journal of Fatigue v.18 Fatigue test and reliability design of gears Yang,Q.J. https://doi.org/10.1016/0142-1123(95)00096-8
- Contact mechanics Johnson,K.L.
- Metal fatigue in engineering Fuchs,H.O.;Stephens,R.I.
- Miscellaneous Papers on the contact of elastic solids Hertz,H.;D.E.Jones(tr.)
- Fundamentals of fluid Film Lubrication Hamrock,B.J.
- Wear v.207 Transient non-Newtonian elastohydro-dynamic lubrication analysis of an involute spurgear Larsson,R. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(96)07484-4
- 윤활학회지 v.19 no.2 스퍼 기어 치면 사이의 탄성유체 윤활해석 구영필;김형자;김영대
- Phil. Trans. Royal Society v.A228 Stress Produced in a Semi-Infinite Solid by Pressure on Part of the Boundary Love,A.E.H.
- Elastohydrody-namic lubrication, the Fundamentals of Roller and Gear Lubrication Dowson,D.;Higginson,G.R.
- Correlational Aspects of the Viscosity-Temperature-Pressure Relationship of Lubricating Oils Doctoral thesis Roelands,C.J.A.
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials A.P.Boresi