- Volume 1 Issue 2
A Study of Unit Commitment Considering Environmental Effects by Fuel Substitution
- Lee, Buhm (Department of Electrical Engineering, Yosu National University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Ha (Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Incho) ;
- Park, Nam-Sup (Department of Electrical Engineering, Yosu national University)
- Published : 2003.06.01
This paper proposes a new generation scheduling algorithm which can consider total quantity of contamination and energy limits based on Lagrangian Relaxation. First, we formulate a Lagrangian function which consider quantity of contamination including substitution of fuel, and quantity of fuel. Second, we developed Multi-state S.U.D.P. which can treat multiple fuels. Third, we propose an effective generation scheduling algorithm including Multi-state S.U.D.P.. As a results, unit commitment and generating power can be obtained to meet the environmental and fuel constraints with fuel substitution. By applying it to the test system, effectiveness of the method is verified.
Unit Commitment;Economic Dispatch;Total Quantity of Contamination;Fuel substitution;Multistate S.U.D.P.
- B.Lee, Y.H.Kim, K.Y.Song,' Development of A New Unit Commitment Algorithm based on Lagrangian Relaxation', The Transactions of the KIEE, Vol.44, No.10, pp.1239-1246, 1995. 10
- B.S.Kermanshahi, Y.Wu, K.Yasuda, R.Yokoyama, 'Environmental Marginal Cost Evaluation by Non inferiority Surface', IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol.5, No.4, pp.1151-1159, 1990. 11 https://doi.org/10.1109/59.99365
- T.Gjengedal, S.Johansen, O.Hansen, 'A Qualitative Approach to Economic -Environmental Dispatch Treatment of Multiple Pollutants', IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, Vol.7, No.3, pp.367-372, 1992. 9 https://doi.org/10.1109/60.148554
- A.Merlin, P.Sandrin, 'A New Method for Unit Commitment at Electricite de France', IEEE Trans. PAS, Vol. PAS-102, No.5, pp.1218-1225, 1983. 5
- A.I.Cohen, S.H.Wan, 'A Method for Solving the Fuel Constrained Unit Commitment Problem', IEEE Trans., Power Systems, VoI.PWRS-2, No-3, pp.608-614, 1987. 8 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.1987.4335178