- Volume 6 Issue 3
Due to almost all tracks of new Kyoungbu high-speed lines(HSL) consisting of bridges and tunnels, HSR operational safety management is very important factor for passenger safety and preventing catastrophic event. Especially, it is important to approach the scene of the accident and assist in saving lives as soon as possible under emergency conditions. Therefore it is essential to prepare access methods and available resources in advance in order to support emergency correspodances promptly and effectively. This paper persents an application of geographical information system(GIS) for developing emergency management system as well as batabase system on tracks and facilities, electric/communication equipment and safety equipment required to support emergencies. The on-site information on the proximity of HSL is expressed on the numerical map, which can be helpful to call external supports such as medical service, local authorities, police offices, fire brigades, and etc. for the emergency situations.
- National Geography Institute in MOCT, A Study on Management and Improvement of Numerical Maps, 1997
- TGV Series on Operation Information, HSL Safety Management, KNR/KNR Training Institute of Management, Oct. 1998
- Japanese National Geography Institute, Japan GIS/ Mapping Science Resource Guide, 1997
- HSR constructing team in MOCT, An HSR report on Operations, Ministry of Construction & Transportation, Feb. 2001
- Korea High-Speed Rail Construction Authority, HSR Handbook, Feb. 1993