- Volume 4 Issue 2
The objective of this study is to enhance neural-network guidance to consider the impact condition. The optimal impact condition in this study is defined as an head-on attack. Missile impact-angle error, which is a measure of the degree to which the missile is not steering for a head-on attack, can also have an influence on the final miss distance. Therefore midcourse guidance is used to navigate the missile, reducing the deviation angle from head on, given some constraints on the missile g performance. A coordinate transformation is introduced to simplify the three-dimensional guidance law and, consequently, to reduce training data. Computer simulation results show that the neural-network guidance law with the coordinate transformation reduces impact-angle errors effectively.
neural networks;optimal guidance law;impact-angle condition
- Song, E. J. and Tahk, M. J. "Real-time rnidcourse guidance with intercept point prediction," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 6, No. 8, pp. 957-967, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(98)00041-0
- Song, E. J. and Tahk, M. J., "Real- time rnidcourse guidance robust against launch conditions," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 507-515, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(99)00010-6
- Song, E. J. and Tahk, M. J., "Real-time neural-network rnidcourse guidance," Control Engineering Practice, Vol.9, No.10, pp. 1145-1154, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(01)00058-2
- Song, E. J. and Tahk, M. J. "Three- dimensional midcourse guidance using neural networks for interception of ballistic targets," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electr. Syst., Vol.38, No.2, pp.404- 414, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2002.1008975
- Slotine, J. J., "Applied Nonlinear Control," Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, pp. 207-275, 1991.
- Vidyasagar, M., "Nonlinear Systems Analysis (2nd Ed.)," Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, pp.427-463, 1993.
- Khalil, H. K., "Nonlinear Systems," Prentice- Hall, New Jersey, pp. 81-85, 1996.
- Lagaris, I. E. and Likas, A. L., "Artificial neural networks for solving ordinary and partial differential equations," IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 987-1000, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/72.712178
- Regan, F. J. and Anandarkrishnan, S. M., "Dynamics of Atmospheric Re-Entry," AIAA, Inc., Washington, DC, 1993