- Volume 4 Issue 2
A next generation small satellite HAUSAT-1, the first picosatellite developed in Korea, is being developed as one of the international CubeSat program by Space System Research Lab. of Hankuk Aviation University. A fault-tolerant incremental design methodology has been addressed in this paper. In this study, the effect of system redundancy on reliability was in details analyzed in accordance with the implementation of fault-tolerant system. Four different system recovery levels are proposed for HAUSAT-1 fault-tolerant system optimization. As a result, the HAUSAT-1 fault-tolerant system architecture design and reliability analysis has acquired about 11% reliability improvement.
Fault-Tolerant Architecture;Redundancy;HAUSAT-1;Reliability Block Diagram (RBD)
- Jake A. Schaffner, "The Electronic System Design, Analysis, Integration, and Construction of the Cal Poly State University CP1 CubeSat," 16th AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites.
- "CUBESAT Design Specifications Document," Revision VII, February, 2003.
- Mr. Hank Heidt, Prof. Jordi Puig-Suari, Prof. Augustus S. Moore, Prof. Shinichi Nakasuka, Prof. Robert J. Twiggs, "CubeSat: A new Generation of Picosatellite for Education and Industry Low-Cost Space Experimentation," 14th Annual/USU Conference on Small Satellites, 2000.
- Young-Hyun Kim, Seung-Won Seo, Nam-Sook Chung and Young-Keun Chang, "Three- Axis Attitude Stabilization System Design of Picosatellite HAUSAT-1," CubeSat Symposium Papers, 1st Intemational CubeSat Symposium, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- Young-Hyun Kim and Young-Keun Chang, "Development of HAUSAT-1 Picosatellite (CubeSat) for Educational Purpose," CubeSat Symposium Papers, 1st Intemational CubeSat Symposium, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- Dhiraj K. Pradhan, "Fault- tolerant computer system design," 1995, Prentice Hall.
- A. Birolini, "Reliability Engineering Theory and Practice," 3rd Ed. Springer.
- Baldir S. Dhillon, "Reliability Engineering in Systems Design and Operation," 1983, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company Inc.
- James R. Wertz and Wiley J. Larson, "Space Mission Analysis and Design," 3rd Ed. Space Technology Library.
- D. C. Ionescu and N. Limnios, "Statistical and Probabilistic Models in Reliability," Birkhauser.
- Dimitri Kececioglu, "Reliability Engineering Handbook," Volume 1, 1991, Prentice-Hall.
- John W. Evans and Jillian Y. Evans, "Product Integrity and Reliability in Design," Springer.
- Wallace R. Blischke and D. N. Prabhakar Murthy, "Reliability Modeling, Prediction, and Optirnization," Wiley Inter-Science.