- Volume 4 Issue 2
The space systems are being operated in a uncertain space environment and are desired to have autonomous capability for long periods of time without frequent telecommunications with the ground station. At the same time, requirements for new set of satellite system set of projects/systems calling for "autonomous" operations for long unattended periods of time are emerging. Since, by the nature of space systems, it is desired to perform its mission flawlessly and also it is of extreme importance to have fault-tolerant sensors and actuators for the purpose of validating science measurement data for the mission success. This studies focused on the identification/demonstration of critical technology innovations that will be applied to the Validation Control System.
Spacecraft Monitoring Validation Control System(SMVCS);High Fidelity Dynamic Model-based Simulation(HFDMS);Electro-Mechanical Solenoid Valve (EMSV);Autonomous Control System(ACS)
- B. Friedland, Control System Design, Mcgraw Hill, 1986.
- Roger W. Johnson, A New Methodology for Launch/Spacecraft Vehicle Ground Health Management, Monitoring and Test and Evaluation (White Paper), Institute for Simulation and Training, University of Central Florida, April 29, 1994.
- Roger Johnson, Sanjay Jayaram, Richard Hull, "A New Real-Time Detection/Diagnosis Methodology for Automated Manufacturing ", Sixth International Conference on Robotics and Manufacturing sponsored by The International Association of Science and Technology for Development - lASTED July 26-29 1998, pp 161-164.
- Roger Johnson, Sanjay jayaram, " Applications of Extended Kalman Filter at a Satellite Ground Conlrol Station ", Second lASTED International Conference on Control and Applications, July 25-29 1999, pp 124-127.
- Arthur Gelb, Editor, Applied Optimal Estimation, The M.I.T Press, 1974.
- Robert Grover Brown, Patrick Y.C. Hwang, Introduction to Random Signals andApplied Kalman Filtering, Third Edition, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1997.
- John N. Little and Alan J. Laub, Control System Toolbox for Use with MATLAB, The Math Works Inc., Prentice Hall, 1996.
- Charles L. Phillips and Royce D. Harbor, Feedback Control, Systems, Second Edition, Prentice Hall, 1991.
- J. Kim, H. Kim, S. Jung, K. Yum "Intelligent Control Method of a PWMI for LH", the 2nd IWAM97 Dec.4-6,1997, pp 553-558.
- J. Kim, H. Kim, H. Lee, K. Yum,"The Multi Tracking Control Method Using the Modified Elman Neural Network", International Conference on Electronics, Information, and Communications(ICEIC'98), August 18-20, 1998, ppll-439-442.