- Volume 4 Issue 1
In this study, nonlinear aeroelastic characteristics of an supersonic missile wing with strong shock interferences are investigated. The missile wing model has a freeplay structural nonlinearity at its pitch axis. To practically consider the effects of freeplay structural nonlinearity, the fictitious mass method is applied to structural vibration analysis based on finite element method. Nonlinear aerodynamic flows with unsteady shock waves are also considered in supersonic flow regions. To solve the nonlinear aeroelastic governing equations including the freeplay effect, a modal-based coupled time-marching technique based on the fictitious mass method is used in the time-domain. Various aeroelastic computations have been performed for the nonlinear wing structure model. Linear and nonlinear aeroelastic analyses have been conducted and compared with each other in supersonic flow regions. Typical nonlinear limit cycle oscillations and phase plots are presented to show the complex vibration phenomena with simultaneous fluid-structure nonlinearities.
Supersonic;Freeplay;Flutter;LCO;Nonlinearity;Aeroelasticity;TSD;CSD;FEM;Fluid-Structure Interaction;Fictitious Mass Method
- Laurenson, R. M. and Trn, R. M., "Flutter Analysis of Missile Control Surfaces Containing Structural Nonlinearities," AlAA Journal, Vol. 18, No. 10, October 1980, pp. 1245-1251.
- Lee, C., "An Iterative Procedure for Nonlinear Flutter Analysis," AlAA Journal, Vol.24, No. 5, May 1986, pp. 833-840.
- Lee, B. H. K. and Torn, A., "Effect of Structural Nonlinearities of the CF-18 Aircraft," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 26, No. 8, August 1989, pp. 781-786. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.45839
- Lee, I. and Kim, S. H., "Aeroelastic Analysis of a Flexible Control Surface with Structural Nonlinearity," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 32, No.4, July-August 1995, pp. 868-874. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.46803
- Karpel, M. and Wieseman, C. D., "Modal Coordinates for Aeorelastic Analysis with Large Local Structural Variations," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 31, No.2, March-April 1994, pp. 396-400. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.46499
- Kim, D. H., Ji, S. G., Lee, I., and Kwon, J. H., "Transonic Aerodynamic Analysis Using Transonic Small Disturbance Equation," Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 26, No. 2, April 1998, pp. 1-9.
- Kim, D. H. and Lee, I., "Transonic and Low- Supersonic Aerodynamic Analysis of a Wing with UnderpyloniStore," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 37, No.1, January-February 2000, pp. 189-192. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.2582
- Kim, D. H. and Lee. I., "Transonic and Supersonic Flutter Characteristics of a Wing-Box Model with Tip Stores," 42nd AIANASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conf. & Exhibit, Seattle, WC, 16-19 April 2001, AIAA Paper 2001-1464.
- Kim, D. H., Park, Y. M. Lee, I. and Kwon O. J., "Nonlinear Aeroelastic Computation of a Wing with a Finned-Store Using a Parallel Unstructured Euler Solver", 43nd AlAN ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conf. & Exhibit, Denver, Colorado, 22-25 April 2002, AIAA Paper 1289.
- Kim, D. H. and Lee, I., "Transonic and Low-Supersonic Aeroelasitic Analysis of a Two-Degree-of-Freedom Airfoil with a Freeplay Non-Linearity," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 234, No. 5, 2000, pp. 859-880. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2000.2907