- Volume 38 Issue 1
Low Molecular Weight SBR Effect on Properties of Silica-Filled SBR Compounds
저분자량 SBR이 실리카로 보강된 SBR 배합물의 특성에 미치는 영향
- Park, Byung-Ho (Kumho Research and Development Center) ;
- Hong, Seong-Uk (Department of Chemical Engineering) ;
- Choi, Sung-Seen (Research Institute of Advanced Materials, Chungnam National University)
- Published : 2003.03.31
Influence of low molecular weight styrene-butadiene rubber (liquid SBR) on properties of a silica-filled styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) compounds was studied. Viscosity of the silica-filled SBR compound decreased by adding the liquid SBR. The crosslink density decreased and the cure rate became slower as the liquid SBR content increased. The modulus and tensile strength decreased while the elongation at break became longer by increasing the liquid SBR content. The abrasion losses were nearly the same irrespective of the liquid SBR content. This might be due to the improvement of silica dispersion by adding the liquid SBR. Considering the experimental results, it was believed that addition of small amount of the liquid SBR (less than 5 phr) was desirable to improve properties of silica-filled SBR compounds.
- S. Wolff and M. J. Wang, 'Filler-elastomer interactions. Part IV. The effect of the surface energies of fillers on elastomer reinforcement', Rubber Chem. Technoi., 65, 329 (1992)
- Y.-C. Ou, Z.-Z. Yu, A. Vidal, and J. B. Donnet, 'Effects of alkylation of silica filler on rubber reinforcement', Rubber Chem. Technol., 67, 834 (1994).
- Y. Li, M. J, Wang, T. Zhang, F. Zhang, and X. Fu, 'Study on dispersion morphology of silica in rubber', Rubber Chem. Technol., 67, 693 (1994).
- U. Gorl and A. Hunsche, 'Advanced investigations into the silica/silane reaction system', Proceedings of the Rubber Division 150th Meeting, American Chemical Society, Paper No. 76 (1996)
- U. Gorl and A. Hunsche, 'Investigation unto the chemistry of the TESPT sulfur chain', Proceedings of the Rubber Division 151st Meeting, American Chemical Society, Paper No. 38 (1997)
- A. S. Hashim, B. Azahari, Y. Ikeda, and S. Kohj ya, 'The effect of TESPT on silica reinforcement of styrene-butadiene rubber", Rubber Chem. Technol., 71, 289 (1998)
- S.-S. Choi, 'Improvement of properties of silicafilled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds using acrylonitrile- butadiene rubber', J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 79, 1127 (2001) https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-4628(20010207)79:6<1127::AID-APP170>3.0.CO;2-8
- S.-S. Choi, 'Properties of silica-filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds containing acrylonitrilebutadiene rubber: Influence of the acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber type', J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 85, 385 (2002) https://doi.org/10.1002/app.10614
- S.-S. Choi, 'nfluence of molecular size of liquid BR on properties of silica-filled SBR compounds', Elastomer, 36, 162 (2001)
- S.-S. Choi, 'Influence of liquid polybutadiene on properties of silica-filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds', J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 7, 389 (2001)
- S.-S. Choi, 'Filler-polymer interactions in both silica and carbon black-filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds', J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. Phys., 39, 439 (2001) https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-0488(20010215)39:4<439::AID-POLB1016>3.0.CO;2-3
- S.-S. Choi, 'Filler-polymer interactions in filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds', Kor. Polym. J., 9, 45 (2001)
- S.-S. Choi, 'Characterization of bound rubber of filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds using py rolysis-gas chromatography', J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 55, 161 (2000) https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-2370(99)00095-9
- N. J. Morrison and M. Porter, 'Temperature effects on the stability of intermediates and crosslinks in sulfur vulcanization', Rubber Chem. Technol., 57, 63 (1984)