- Volume 5 Issue 4
Improvement in Clonal Propagation of Hemidesmus indicus R. Br. through Adenine Sulphate
- Misra Neeta (Pharmacognosy and Ethnopharmacology Division, National Botanical Research Institute) ;
- Misra Pratibha (Floriculture Section, National Botanical Research Institue) ;
- Datta S.K. (Floriculture Section, National Botanical Research Institue) ;
- Mehrotra Shanta (Pharmacognosy and Ethnopharmacology Division, National Botanical Research Institute)
- Published : 2003.12.01
A protocol has been developed for rapid large scale clonal propagation of an aromatic endangered medicinal plant, Hemidesmus indicus R. Br. with the elimination of the problems such as premature leaf fall and callus formation during caulogenesis and rhizogenesis. Multiple shoots were induced from shoot tip and nodal explants on Murashige and Skoog (MS) medium supplemented with 1 mg/L Benzylaminopurine (BAP) and 0.5 mg/L Napthaleneaceticacid (NAA). Addition of 15 mg/L adenine sulphate to the above medium checked leaf abscission completely, reduced the time required for caulogenesis and restored morphogenetic potential after several subcultures. The in vitro grown propagules were rooted in 1/2 MS medium supplemented with 2 mg/L Indolebutyric acid (IBA) +1 mg/L NAA and sucrose 0.7% (w/v). Addition of charcoal at 100 mg/L to the rooting medium quickened root initiation with a complete check on callus formation. The effect of sucrose concentration on both caulogenesis and rhizogenesis was also studied. The resultant plantlets were acclimatized and grown in fields where ninety eight percent of the rooted shoots survived and grew normally. The estimation of the secondary metabolite content in the shoots of the regenerated plant and the mother plant indicated that the concentration of the three secondary metabolites lupeol, vanillin and rutin was similar.
- Indian Vet Medical J. v.23 Antimicrobial potency of selected medicinal plants with special interest in activity against phytopathogenic fungi Ahmad,I.;Zaiba,A.Z.;Mehmood,Z.
- Toxicon v.36 Viper venom induced inflamation and inhibition of free radical formation by pure compound (2-hydroxy-4methoxy benzoic acid) isolated and purified from anantmul (Hemidesmus indicus) Alam,M.I.;Gomes,A.
- J. Ethnopharmacology v.18 Immunomodulating agents of plant origin I: Preliminary screening Atal,C.K.;Sharma,M.L.;Kaul,A.;Khajuria,A.
- Plant Cell Rep v.4 In vitro propagation of Leucaena leucocephala (Lam) de Wit Dhawan,V.;Bhojwani,S.S.
- Lepr India v.53 Antileprotic action of an extract from 'anantmul'(Hemidesmus indicus R.Br.) Gupta,PN.
- Indian J Pharmaceutical Sci v.59 Antimicrobial activity of various extracts of Striga sulphurea and Hemidesmus indicus Hiremath,S.P.;Rudresh,K.;Badami,S.
- Plant Cell Cult Tech (Botanicl Monographs) Blackwell Scientific Pulications v.23 Vegetative propagation of plants by tissue culture in Hussey,G.;Yeoman,M.M.(ed)
- Fitoterapia v.69 In vitro propagation of Hemidesmus indicus Malathy,S.;Pai,J.S.
- Plant Cell Rep v.21 Rapid Propagation of Holostemma ada-kodien Schult., a rare medicinal plant, thrugh axillary bud multiplication and indirect organogenesis Martin,K.P.
- Physiol Plant v.15 A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays for tobaco tissue cultures Murashige,T.;Skoog,F.
- Plant Cell Rep v.15 Micropropagation of Hemidesmus indicus R.Br. Through Axillary bud culture Patnaik,J.;Debata,B.K.
- Fitoterapia v.71 Protective effect of Hemidesmus indicus against fifampicin and isoniazid induced hepatotoxicity in rats Prabhakaran,M.;Rangaswamy,A.;Thiruvengadam,D.
- Bionature v.18 Ethnobotaincal wealth of Ranchi district : Bihar Ⅱ Ram,R.L.;Saha,V.
- Phytomedicine v.9 Evaluation of antioxidant properties of root bark of Hemidesmus indicus R.Br.(Anantmul) Ravishankara,M.N.; Srivastava,N.;PadhHRajani,M.
- Indian J Expt Biol v.32 Regeneration of Indian Sarsaparilla Hemidesmus indicus R.Br. through organ-ogenesis and somatic embryogenesis Sarasan,V.;Soniya,E.V.;Nair,G.M.
- Plant Cell Tissue Organ Cult v.62 Micropropagation of Hemidesmus indicus for cultivation and production of 2-hydroxy-4methoxy benzaldehyde Sreekumar,S.;Seeni,S.;Pushpangadan,P.
- Plant Cell Rep v.16 Micropropagation of bauhinia vahlii Wight and Arnott-a leguminous liana Upreti,J.;Dhar,U.
- Plant Cell Tissue Organ v.21 In-vitro micropropagation of the tropical fruit tree Syzyging cuminii L. Yadav,U.;Lal,M.;Jaiswal,V.S.