Fermentation Properties of Mulberry Yogurt

오디첨가 요구르트의 발효특성

  • Kim, Hye-Kyung (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Lab. of Milk Food Biochemistry, Chungnam National University) ;
  • Bae, Hyoung-Churl (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Lab. of Milk Food Biochemistry, Chungnam National University) ;
  • Nam, Myoung-Soo (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Lab. of Milk Food Biochemistry, Chungnam National University)
  • 김혜경 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 동물자원학부 유식품생물화학실) ;
  • 배형철 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 동물자원학부 유식품생물화학실) ;
  • 남명수 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 동물자원학부 유식품생물화학실)
  • Published : 2003.06.30

Abstract

This experiment was carried out to examine the fermentation properties of yogurt added fresh mulberry, freeze dried-mulberry and heated air dried-mulberry at concentrations of 0%, 0.3%, 0.6% and 0.9%. Lactic acid bacteria was used mixed starter culture(Str.salivarius ssp. thermophilus and Lac. delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus). We obtained excellent results from the yogurt added fresh mulberry. In yogurt added 0.9% fresh-mulberry, lactic acid contents and titratable acidity were higher than those of 0%, 0.3%, 0.6% fresh-mulberry added. Also, sensory scores of color, taste and overall acceptability of the yogurt with 0.9% fresh mulberry was higher than those of any other groups.