- Volume 14 Issue 1
System Reliability From Stress-Strength Relationship in Bivariate Pareto Distribution
- Cho, Jang-Sik (Department of Statistical Information Science, Kyungsung University) ;
- Cho, Kil-Ho (Department of Statistics, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Cha, Young-Joon (Department of Information Statistics, Andong National University)
- Published : 2003.02.28
In this paper, We assume that strengths of two components system follow a bivariate pareto distribution. And these two components are subjected to a common stress which is independent of the strength of the components. We obtain maximum likelihood estimator(MLE) for the system reliability from stress-strength relationship. Also we derive asymptotic properties of the MLE and present a numerical study.
- Advanced Applied Probability v.22 On a generalization of a model by Lindley and Singpurwalla Bandyapadhyay, D.;Basu, A.P.
- Communications in Statistics, Theory and Methods v.25 no.7 A multivariate pareto distribution Hanagal, D.D.
- The Statistician v.46 no.1 Bayes estimation of P(X₂< X₁) for a bivariate pareto distribution Jeevanand, E.S.
- Theory of Point Estimation Lehmann, E.L.
- Journal of Applied Probability v.23 Multivariate distributions for the life lengths of components of a system sharing a common environment Lindley, D.V.;Singpurwalla, N.D.
- Journal of Indian Statistical Association v.32 Characterization of a bivariate pareto distribution Veenus, P.;Nair, K.R.M.