- Volume 31 Issue 10
The paper presented here covers the work associated with the flight control law design, ground based and in flight simulation and handling qualities assessment of the Fly-by-Wire type Aircraft (FBWA). The FBWA configurations are of the same generic form of the Korean advanced trainer. The normal acceleration (Nz) and pitch rate (q) feedback control system is employed for longitudinal axis and roll rate (p) and lateral acceleration (Ny) feedback flight control law is developed in lateral/ directional axis. The flight tests for the FBW A dynamics evaluation were executed for the target aircraft (FBWA) on the IFS (In-Flight-Simulator) aircraft . The test results showed that Level 1 handling qualities for the most unstable flight regime and Level 1/2 for the landing approach flight regime were achieved. And the designed FBWA flight control law has revealed acceptable CHR (Cooper-Harper handling qualities Ratings).
- Yoonsu Nam, and Etmyong Lee, "A study on the Pitch Axis Control Law Design for a Statically Unstable Aircraft(I) ", Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 26, No 2, April 10, 1998
- Yoonsu Nam, and Etmyong Lee, "A study on the Pitch Axis Control Law Design for a Statically Unstable Aircraft(II) ", Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 26, No 4, June 10, 1998.
- Jane's All the World Aircraft 2002-2003
- G. E. Cooper, R. D. Harper, "The Use of Pilot Rating in the Evaluation of Aircraft Handling Qualities", NASA TN 0-5153, April 1969.
- "Military Specification - Flying Qualities of Piloted Aircraft", MIL-F-8785, Nov. 1980.
- "Military Standard - Flying Qualities of Piloted Aircraft", MIL-STD-1797A, Jan, 1990.