- Volume 27 Issue 9
The problem of reducing the level of vibrations in structures arises in various branches of technology. For the calculation of systems equipped with DVAs, the frequencies of the protected system's free vibrations are determined first. In most practical problems system have to be considered continuous systems. It is important to obtain the detailed information about not the first frequency and the mode but anothers corresponding to it. So, this paper describes the method to obtain the accurate information about the combined discrete system. This information is obtained from the combined system's receptance. This paper shows the convenience when design the dynamic vibration absorber with the combined system's receptance.
Continuous System;Distributed mass DVA;Receptance;Natural Mode;Equal Stiffness
- Harris.C.M., 1988, Shock & Vibration Handbook, McGraw-Hill; third edition, New York
- Korenev.B.G., and L.M.Reznikov, 1993, Dynamic Vibration Absorbers, John-Will & Sons, New York.
- Bishop.R.E.D., Johnson.D.C., 1979, The Mechanics of Vibration, Cambridge University Press, London
- Inman.D.J., 1994, Engineering Vibration, Prentice-Hall International, New Jersey
- Snowdon.J.C., 1968, Vibration and Shock in Damped Mechanical System, John-Will & Sons, New York
- In-Jun Run, 1989, Design of Dynamic Vibration Absorber by Single Mode Approximation, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Kidner.M., M. J. Brennan,M.J., 1999, Improving the Performance of a Vibration Neutraliser by Actively Removing Damping, journal of Sound and Vibration https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.2027
- Maia & Silva, 1998, Theoretical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Research Studies Press LTD., England
- D.J.Ewins, 1984, Modal Testing : Theory and Practice, Research Studies Press LTD., England
- D.J.Ewins, 1989, Vibration with Control, Measurement, and Stability, Prentice-Hall, Inc., USA
- Sung-hoon Choi,Yang-Han Kim, 2002. Dissipation Effect Induced by Substructures Comprised of Multiple oscillators, Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 6, No. pp. 445 -452 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2002.12.6.445