- Volume 27 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Determination of Material Properties of Tube using Inverse Engineering and Analytic Method in Tube Bulge Test
역공학과 해석적 방법을 이용한 관재벌지시험에서의 관재물성치 결정
- Published : 2003.09.01
In numerical analysis for hydroforming process, the stress calculation is effected by flow stress which is general obtained by stress-strain relationship from uni-axial tension test, so the result of the analysis, especially in tube hydroforming, has limitation of accuracy, tubes are made in roll-forming process and become work-hardened. Then roll forming process causes material properties between rolling direction and circumstantial direction of the tube to be different. So it is difficult to predict material behavior in the process condition of bi-axial stress state. In this study, the flow stress of the tube is determined by inverse engineering approach and bulge test that is widely used for formability test in the condition of bi-axial stress. And Hill's quadratic yield function and flow rule are used to consider the anisotropy of the tube in the roll forming process.
Flow Stress;Hydroforming;Inverse Engineering;Tube;Anisotropy;Tube Bulge Test;Analytic method
- Yang, D. Y., Kwon, H. J., Chung. H. J. and Noh. T. S., 1990, 'Rigid-Plastic Finite Element Analysis of Axi-symmetric Hydroforming with Controlled Pressure,' Transactions of the KSME
- PAM-STAMP, version2000, 'solver reference manual'
- DEFRORM 2D, version 7.1, 'DEFORM 2D version 7.1 user's manual.'
- Sokolowski, T., Gerke, K., AhmetogIu, M. and Altan, T., 2000, 'Evaluation of Tube Formability and Material Characteristics: Hydraulic Bulge Testing of Tubes,' Journal of Material Processing Technology, Vol. 98, pp. 34-40 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(99)00303-9
- Koc, M., Aue-u-lan, Y. and Altan, T., 2001, 'On the Characteristics of Tubular Materials for Hydro form ing Experimentation and Analysis,' International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 41, pp. 761-772 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(00)00070-5
- Carleer, B., van der Kevie, G., de Winter, L. and van Veldhuizen, B., 2000, 'Analysis of the Effect of Material Properties on the Hydroforming Process of Tubes,' Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 104, pp. 158-166 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(00)00530-6
- Pipan, J. and Kosel, F., 2002, 'Numerical Simulation of Rotational Symmetric Tube Bulging with Inside Pressure and Axial Compression,' International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 44, pp. 645 - 664 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(01)00094-7
- Asnafi, N., 1999, 'Analytic Modelling of Tube Hydroforming,' Thin-Walled Structures, Vol. 34, pp. 295 - 330 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-8231(99)00018-X
- Chenot, J. L., Massoni, E. and Fourment, L., 1996, 'Inverse Problems in Finite Element Simulation of Metal Forming Precesses,' Engineering Computations, Vol. 13, No. 2/3/4, pp. 190-225 https://doi.org/10.1108/02644409610114530
- Garvus, A., Massoni, E. and Chenot, J. L., 1996, 'An Inverse Analysis Using a Finite Element Model for Identification of Rheological Parameters,' Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 60, pp. 447-454 https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-0136(96)02369-2
- Kusiak, J., Kawalla, R., Pietrzyk, M. and Pircher, H., 1996, 'Inverse Analysis Applied to the Evaluation of Material Parameters in the History Dependent Flow Stress Equation in Hot Forming of Metals,' Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 60, pp. 455-461 https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-0136(96)02370-9
- Guo, Y. Q., Batoz, J. L., Naceur, H., Bouabdallah, S., Mercier, F. and Barlet, O., 2000, 'Recent Development on the Analysis and Optimum Design of Sheet Metal Forming Parts Using a Simplified Inverse Approach,' Computers and Structures, 78, pp. 133-148 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(00)00095-X
- Ozel., T. and Allan, T., 2000, 'Determination of Workpiece Flow Stress and Friction at the Chip-Tool Contact for High-Speed Cutting,' International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 40, pp. 1275-1282 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(99)00051-6
- Cheon, J. S., 2000, 'Inverse Analysis Approach to Flow Stress Evaluation by Small Punch Test,' Transactions of the KSME, A, Vol. 24, No.7, pp. 1753-1762
- Choi, Y. Kim, H. Y., Cho, Y., Kim, B. M. and Choi, J. C., 1998, 'A Method of Determining Flow Stress and Friction Factor using an Inverse Analysis in Ring Compression Test,' Transactions of the KSME, A, Vol. 22, No.3, pp. 483-492
- Arora, J. S., 1989, 'Introduction to Optimum design,' Mc-Graw Hill