- Volume 13 Issue 1
The purpose of this study was to investigate the batting characteristics in elite baseball players. Seven skilled collegiate players hit the ball which was thrown by a pitching machine linearly and strongly to the center of the field. Time, velocity, angle and pound reaction force variables were measured by using high-speed video cameras and pound reaction force analyzer. The results were as follows: 1. The elite players finished their stride performance in a short time and they stayed longer in a swing phase. The increases in the range of trunk rotation were associated with the delay of the swing phase. 2. The 'take-back' phenomenon in the trunk was showed after the stride phase. 3. The down swing demonstrated powerful line drives. 4. Equivalent body weights were placed on both feet during the ready phase. 95% of the body weights were moved to the rear foot during the stride phase, whereas the body weights were driven to the front foot during the swing phase. 95% of the body weights were placed on the front foot at impact.
- 강민식 (1993). 야구배팅동작의 운동역학적 분석. 연세대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 김정태 (1994). 야구의 타격동작시 신체중심이동 및 분절변화에 관한 운동역학적 연구. 동아대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 박성순 (1991). 골프스윙시 최적 타이밍을 위한 방안 연구. 국민대학교 스포츠과학논총, 10, pp.51-69.
- 배원환 (1992). 야구 투수의 속도와 제구력에 영향을 미치는 운동역학적인 요인에 관한 연구. 경북대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 이건범 (1998). 초.고등, 대학교 투수의 빠른 오버 암 피칭 동작에 대한 운동학적 분석. 서울대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 안영필 (1987). 야구경기에 있어 타격자세의 역학적 분석. 한국체육학회지, 26(2), p.89-99.
- 양승철 (1998). 야구 배팅동작의 운동학적 분석. 건국대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 한태륜, 유문집, 정선근, 이성재 (1996). 한국 프로 야구 및 대학 야구 선수의 3차원적 타격 동작 분석. 대한스포츠의학회지, 14(1), pp.22-30.
- 平野浴一 (1979). バツティソグの大地反力とその制御. 新體育, 49(10), 868-875.
- Atwater, A. E. (1979). Biomechanics of overarm throwing movements and of throwing injuries. Exercise and Sports Review, 7, pp.43-85.
- Bryant, F. O., Burkett, L. N., Chen, S. S., Krahenbuhl, G. S., & Lu, P. (1977). Dynamic and performance characteristic of baseball bats. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 48(3), pp.505-509.
- Breen, J. L. (1967). What makes a good hitter? Journal of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation, 38(4), pp.36-39.
- Bubalo, M. (1981). Nine major checkpoints in the swing. Scholastic Coach, 50(9), pp.24-25, 91-95.
- Carr, G. (1997). Mechanics of sport. IL: Human kinetics.
- Ellis, R. (1977). Mechanics of the major league swing. Scholastic Coach, 46(9), 60, 63, 111-112.
- Feltner, M. E. (1984). Kinetic and kinematic parameters of the shoulder joint during the overarm baseball throw. Indiana University. Master's thesis.
- Gibson, B. J. & Elliott, B. C. (1987). A three dimensional cinematograhpic analysis of junior baseball pitchers. Journal of Human Movement Studies, 13, 363-375.
- Greenwald, R. M., Penna, L. H., & Crisco, J. J. (2001). Differences in batted ball speed with wood and aluminum baseball bats: A batting cage study. Journal of applied Biomechanics, 17, pp.241-252. https://doi.org/10.1123/jab.17.3.241
- Hay, J. G. (1993). The biomechanics of sports techniques. (4th Ed.). Englewood Cliffs, Prenticehall, pp.198-221.
- Johnson, M. (1980). Hitting: Common faults and conditions. Athletic Journal, 60(7), 8, 10, 13, 89-92.
- Johnson, M., Leggett, J. & McMahon, P. (2001). Baseball skills & drills. IL: Human kinetics. 10-14.
- Lau, C., Gloobrenner, A., LaRussa, T., & Salzberg, C. (1980). The art of hitting. 300(Rev. 2nd Ed.). New York: E. P. Dutton.
- Murphy, G. (1991). Hitting mechanics: From stance to follow through. Scholastic Coach, 60(9), 28-30. 72, 74.
- Norkus, S. A. (2000). A comparison of the threedimensional characteristic of a fulleffort overhand throw and the throwing motions involved in a rehabilitative throwing program. University of Toledo. Ph.D. Dissertation.
- Pecci, S. P. (1986). Human movement during the three phases of baseball batting. University of Massachusetts. Master's thesis.
- Thomas, H. (1981). The middle approach in teaching the mechanics. Scholastic Coach, 50(9), pp.30-32, 82-83.
- Welch, C. M., Banks, S. A., Cook, F. F., & Draovitch, P. (1995). Hitting a baseball: A biomechanical description. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 22(5), pp.193-201. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19220.127.116.11
- White, J., & Prevo, C. (1991). Search for the perfect swing. Scholastic Coach, 60(8), pp.78-79.
- The Three Dimensional Analysis of the Upper Body's Segments of the Elderly during Walking vol.14, pp.3, 2004, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2004.14.3.001
- A Comparative Analysis of Biomechanical Factors and Premotor Time of Body Muscles between Elite College and Amateur Baseball Players during the Baseball Batting Motion vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.2.205
- The Movement of Foot and the Shift of Ground Reaction Force in Batters according to the Ball Speed Increase vol.14, pp.3, 2004, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2004.14.3.191
- The Analysis on the Changes in Beginners Batting Movements through Undergraduate Baseball Lectures vol.22, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2012.22.3.277
- A Study of Coupled Motion of Lumbar Spine in Extended Posture in Football, Baseball Players and General Students vol.1, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.15268/ksim.2013.1.3.029