- Volume 16 Issue 1 Serial No. 79
Although steel-reinforced concrete(SRC) is widely used in a high-rise building, a methods used to predict the column shortening of SRC structural members has many problems in applying a theoretical equation which considers only the material characteristics of reinforced concrete. In this study, the degree of accuracy of the existing method calculating the column shortening of a high-rise building is examined. For this, first, the actual measurement data are chosen about the column shortening of a high-rise building established with SRC structural members. Then the column shortening of a SRC structural member is calculated through computer program. Finally, the comparison between the measurement data and the analytical ones is executed. According to this study, it can be concluded that there is little difference between the former and the latter. Therefore, the existing method can be used to evaluate the column shortening of a high-rise building using a SRC structural members.
steel-reinforced concrete;high-rise building;column shortening
- 정은호, 김희철, '초고층 구조물의 수직구조부재 축소량에 영향을 미치는 요소에 관한 연구,' 대한건축학회논문집, 제14권 1월, 1998, 1, pp.277-288
- 정은호, 김희철, '초고층 구조물 기둥축소량 계산을 위한 프로그램 개발에 관한 연구', 대한건축학회논문집 제 13권 11호, 1997, 11, pp.311-322
- 정은호, 김희철, '지진하중에 의한 초고층 건물의 기둥축소효과와 구조적 영향', 한국지진공학회논문집 제1권 3호, 1997. 12, pp.59-68
- American Concrete Institute, 'Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete,'ACI 318- 89, American Concrete Institute, 1992
- Fintel M, Iyengar S H, and Gosh, S K,' Column shortening in tall structures prediction and compensation,' Publication EB108D, Portland Cement Association, Skokie, IL, 1986