- Volume 17 Issue 3
This study was to demonstrate a rapid novel method for detection of adulterated cow milk in goat milk using modified staining protocol after native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE). Samples of cow milk and goat milk containing 0, 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0% (v/v) of cow milk were analyzed. Low levels of cow milk mixed in goat milk were identified by the presence of higher mobility of
- Iverson, J. L. and A. J. Sheppard. 1989. Detection of adulteration in cow, goat, and sheep cheeses utilizing gas-liquid chromatographic fatty acid data. J. Dairy Sci. 72:1707-1712.
- Sibel, F., K. Akpinar and Z. Soylemez. 1996. Identification of milk from goat, ewe and cow in their mixtures by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J. Food Qual. 19:391-393.
- El Ghannam, M. S. 1994. Detection of mixtures of buffaloes’, cows’ and goats’ milk using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Alexandria J. Agric. Res. 39:171-182.
- Jenness, R. 1980. Composition and characteristics of goat milk:review 1968-1978. J. Dairy Sci. 63:1605-1630.
- Liang, I. and S. N. Huang. 1999. Detection of cow’s milk in goat’s milk by urea polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J. Taiwan Livest. Res. 32: 153-159.
- Szijarto, L. and F. R. van de Voort. 1983. Determination of added water and bovine milk to caprine milk. J. Dairy Sci. 66:620-623.
- Romero, C., O. P. Andujar, A. Olmedo and S. Jimenez. 1996. Detection of cow’s milk in ewe’s or goat’s milk by HPLC. Chromatogr. 42:181-184.
Anguitam, G., R. Martin, T. Garcia, P. Morales, A. I. Haza, I. Gonzalez, B. Sanz and P. E. Hernandez. 1997. A competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of bovine milk in ovine and caprine milk and cheese using a monoclonal antibody against bovine
$\beta$-casein. J. Food Prot. 60:64-66.
- Amigo, L., M. Ramos, P. J. Martin-Alvarez and M. Barbosa. 1991. Effect of technological parameters on electrophoretic detection of cow’s milk in ewe’s milk cheeses. J. Dairy Sci. 74:1482-1490.
- Cattaneo, T. M. P., F. Nigro and G. F. Greppi. 1996. Analysis of cow, goat and ewe milk mixtures by capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE): preliminary approach. Milchwiss. 51:616-619.
- Bania, J., M. Ugorski, A. Polanowski and E. Adamczyk. 2001. Application of polymerase chain reaction for detection of goats’ milk adulteration by milk of cow. J. Dairy Res. 68:333-336.
- Douglas, L. H. and M. G. Zeece. 1988. Two-dimensional electrophoresis of bovine milk proteins. J. Dairy Sci. 71:2044-2050.
- MALDI-MS and multivariate analysis for the detection and quantification of different milk species vol.399, pp.10, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2004.420