- Volume 17 Issue 4
Evaluation of the Genetic Relationship among Ten Chinese Indigenous Pig Breeds with Twenty-six Microsatellite Markers
DOI QR Code
Li, Changchun;Wang, Zhigang;Liu, Bang;Yang, Shulin;Zhu, Zhengmao;Fan, Bin;Yu, Mei;Zhao, Shuhong;Li, Kui
- 투고 : 2003.01.25
- 심사 : 2003.11.27
- 발행 : 2004.04.01
The genetic diversities and relationships of 10 Chinese indigenous pig breeds and three exotic pig breeds have been evaluated using 26 microsatellites recommended by the Food and Agriculture Organization & the International Society of Animal Genetics (FAO-ISAG). The allele frequencies, genetic heterozygosity (H) and polymorphism information content (PIC) have been calculated. The results showed that genetic diversity of Chinese indigenous pig breeds is higher than that of the introduced pig breeds. The clustering of 10 breeds is generally consistent with their geographical distribution.
Microsatellites;Chinese Indigenous Pig Breeds;Genetic Variation
- Chen, H. 2001. The Research Proceeding of Animal Genetics and Breeding in China-The 11th Science Conference Thesis Volume in China, Chinese Agriculture Science and Technology Press.
- Li, K., Y. Chen, C. Moran, B. Fan, S. H. Zhao and Z. Z. Peng. 2000. Analysis of diversity and genetic relationships between four Chinese indigenous pig breeds and one Australian commercial pig breed, Anim. Genet. 31:322-325.
- Zhang, Z (Chief Editor). 1986. The Pig Breeds in China, Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing Company.
- Fan, B., Z. G. Wang, Y. J. Li, X. L. Zhao, B. Liu, S. H. Zhao, M. Yu, M. H. Li, T. A. Xiong and K. Li. 2002. Genetic variation analysis within and among Chinese indigenous swine population using microsatellite markers, Anim. Genet. 33:222- 227.
- Sambrook, J., E. F. Fritsch and T. Maniatis. 1989. MOLECULAR CLONING, A Laboratory Manual (2nd Ed), Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- Niu, R., H. T. Shang, H. Wei, Z. B. Huang and Y. Z. Zeng. 2001. Genetic analysis of 35 microsatellite loci in 5 lineages of Xishuangbanna miniature pig inbred line, Hereditas (Beijing), 28(6):518-526.
- Chen, S. L., M. H. Li, Y. J. Li, S. H. Zhao, C. Z. Yu, M. Yu, B. Fan and K. Li. 2001. RAPD variation and genetic distance among Tibetan, Inner Mongolia and Liaoning cashmere goats, Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:1520-1522.
- Felsenstein, J. 1993. PHYLIP: Phylogeny Inference Package. Version 3.5. Department of Genetics, University of Washington. Seattle.
- Takezaki, N. and M. Nei. 1996. Genetic distances and reconstruction of phylogenetic trees from microsatellite DNA, Genetics 144:389-399.
- Van Zeveren, A., L. Peelman, A. Van de Weghe and Y. Bouquet. 1995. A genetic study of four Belgian pig populations by means of seven microsatellite loci. J. Anim. Breed Genet. 112:191-204. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0388.1995.tb00558.x
- Kacirek, S. L., K. M. Irvin, P. I. Dimsoski, Moeller, M. E. Davis and H. C. Hines. 1998. Variation at microsatellite loci in the Large White, Yorkshire and Hampshire breeds of swine, Proceeding of the 6th World Congress on Genetics Application to Livestock Production, 11-16 January 1998 Vol. 25. University of New England, Armidale, pp. 640-643.
- Li, M. H., S. H. Zhao, C. Bian, H. S. Wang, B. Liu, M. Yu, B. Fan, S. J. Li, S. L. Chen and K. Li. 2002. Genetic diversity analysis of twelve Chinese indigenous goat populations based on microsatellite. Genetics Selection and Evolution 34:729-734.
- Arranz, J. J., Y. Bayon and F. San Primitivo. 1996. Genetic variation of five microsatellite loci in four breeds of cattle J. Agric. Sci. 27:533-538.
- Laval, G., N. Iannuccelli, C. Legault, D. Milan, M. A. M. Groenen, E. Giuffra, L. Andersson, P. H. Nissen, C. B. Jorgensen, P. Beeckmann, H. Geldermann, J. L. Foulley, C. Chevalet and L. Ollivier. 2000. Genetic diversity of eleven European pig breeds, Genet. Sel. Evol. 32:187-203.
- 1. Microsatellite Based Phylogeny and Bottleneck Studies of Iranian Indigenous Goat Populations vol.25, pp.3, 2014, doi:10.5713/ajas.2004.441