- Volume 5 Issue 1
There are random, continuous, and periodic allocation methods in the time slot sequence integrity for the multi-slot call. In the T-S-T switch, there are 2 time switch and the 2*2 space switch. Three time-slot allocation methods are suggested for the simulation. In the simulation, the searching times for time-slots on a multi-slot call is chosen to 32, and the simulation time is chosen to 100,000 seconds. Three kinds of calls are supposed for a multi-slot call : one time-slot call, two time-slot call, and 6 time-slot call. In the simulation, the carried traffic and the blocking probability are calculated on the 3 different traffic cases of 8:1:1, 6:2:2, 4:3:3(one time-slot : two time-slot : 6 time-slot) multi slot calls. It is shown that the blocking probability for the periodic time slot allocation method is best. As a result, the periodic time-slot allocation method is the proper one for the multi-slot ATM switch.
- KICS '01-10 v.26 no.10A Performance Analysis of an ATM-LAN IWU with a Dynamic Bandwidth Aloocation Scheme Chul Geun Park;Dong Hwan Han;Kwang Hyun Baik
- Discrete Time Models for Communication Systems including ATM H.Bruneel;B.G.Kim
- Fundamentals of Digital Switching John C. McDonalds
- Probaqbility, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes Athannasios Papoulis
- SIMSCRIPT II Programming Language Edward C Russel
- Building Simulation Models with SIMSCRIPT II Programming Language Edward C Russel