- Volume 13 Issue 2
Understanding aspects of the use of Korean representative Soraksan National Park and investigating the factors affecting visitors' decision-making, this study aims to suggest a positive development plan for the rational use of the national park. The questionnaire is for those who have visited Soraksan National Park more than once. This research shows that most of the visitors wish ‘entrance congestion’ to be solved by introducing a ‘previous reservation’ system and a non-polluting shuttle bus; therefore there is a chance that they could be introduced for the settlement of the existing problems.
Soraksan National Park;Previous reservation system;Degree of visitors satisfaction
- Gwon, S. J. and T. D. Jo, 1999, Apprehension of Environmental Landscape Architecture, Munundang, 328-329pp.
- Jo, T. D. and T. Okano, 2003, Comparison between Conservation System of a Coastal type of National Park of Korean and Japan -Focused on Taean-Haean National Park, The Korea Environmental Science Siciety, 151-155pp.
- Minister of the Environment (Japan), 2003, References to the partial revision of the Natural Park Act, 10-19pp.
- Ishii, H., 1985, Green tract Planning, Chikyusya, 114-248pp.
- Jo, T. D., 1997, A Study for the Improvement of the Zoning of Nature Park of Korea, Focused on Nature Preservation Zone and Natural Environment Zone of National Parks, The Journal of Korea Planners Association, 32(5), 185-202.
- The Ministry of Environment, 2002, A Study for the Natural park plan establishment, 155-191pp.
- Cho, G. I., 1997, Tourist Image Components of National Park, Focused on A Case of Mt. Sorak National Park Area, The Tourism Sciences Society of Korea, 231-249pp.
- Yun, J., 2000, An Improvement Plan of Guidelines for Visitors to the Local National Park, Han Yang graduate school master's degree paper, 64-76pp.
- Kim, S. I. and M. H. Knag, 1998, Residennts' Perceptions of Tourism Impacts on Soraksan National Park, Korean Forestry Society, 620-630pp.
- The Ministry of Environment, 2000, a national park white paper, 97-102pp.