- Volume 28 Issue 3
Large machine and structure can not be normally treated as lumped parameter system. Such machine or structure must be broken down to individual beams or panels the motion of which must be analysed before an absorber system can be designed for each element. The absorber may be a lumped parameter system or a continuous system. One of the most common elements in a machine or structure is the cantilever, and in this paper is considered the design of a continuous parameter absorber to reduce the transverse vibrations of a beam. So this paper describes the method to obtain the accurate information about combined continuous beam system with DVA. This information is obtained from the combined system's receptance. and this paper shows the convenience and useful informations when design the dynamic vibration absorber with the combined system's receptance.
Continuous System;Distributed Mass DVA;Receptance;Natural Mode;Equivalent Stiffness;Combined System
- Maia & Silva, 1998, Theoretical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Research Studies Press LTD., England, pp. 63-81, pp. 151-164.
- Ewins, D.J., 1984, Modal Testing:Theory and Practice, Research Studies Press LTD., England, pp. 287-413.
- Johnson,D.C. and Johnson,D.C., 1979, The Mechanics of Vibration, Cambridge University Press, London, pp. 17-33.
- Harris, C.M., 1998, Shock & Vibration Handbook(third edition), New York.
- Ewins, D.J., 1989, Vibration with Control, Measurement, and Stability, Prentice-Hall, Inc., USA, pp. 277-281.
- Inman, D.J., 1994, Engineering Vibration, Prentice-Hall International, New Jersey.
- In-Jun Run, 1989, Design of Dynamic Vibration Absorber by Single Mode Approximation, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Kidner,M. and Brennan,M.J., 1999, 'Improving the Performance of a Vibration Neutraliser by Actively Removing Damping,' Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 221, No. 4, pp. 587-606. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.2027
- Hunt,J.B., 1979, Dynamic Vibration Absorbers, Mechanical Engineering Publication Ltd, London.
- Snowdon, J.C., 1968, Vibration and Shock in Damped Mechanical System, John-Will & Sons, New York, pp. 316-331.
- Korenev,B.G., and Reznikov,L.M., 1993, Dynamic Vibration Absorbers, John-Will & Sons, New York, pp. 1-29.