- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimization Technique of Passenger Car Suspension System Considering J-Turn Handling Performances
J-선회 조종성능을 고려한 승용차 현가장치의 최적화 기법
- Published : 2004.03.01
The purpose of this paper is to develop a systematic design method for the suspension system hard points and compliance elements, which have great influence on the handling stability of a vehicle. In this paper, a method to optimize J-turn responses is presented based on the principles of design of experiments, multi-body dynamic analysis and optimum design technique. The design variables associated with the J-turn maneuver are selected through the experimental design sensitivity analysis using the perturbation method. An objective function is defined as an approximate function for the J-turn characteristics using the TSA(Taylor series approximation). The values of the design variables, which make the optimized J-turn characteristics, are obtained using the conjugate gradient method. The result of the J-turn simulation shows that the optimized vehicle has more improved handling stability than the optimized vehicle.
- John, P. W., 1998, Statistical Design and Analysis of Experiments, Siam, pp. 185-187.
- Montgomery, D.C., 2001, Design and Analysis of Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. pp. 29-30.
- Suh, K. H. Min, H. K. and Chyun, I.B., 2000, 'Optimum Design of Front Toe Angle Using Design of Experiment and Dynamic Simulation for Evaluation of Handling Performances,' Transactions of Korea Society of Automotive Engineers,' Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 120-128.
- Fujita, K.and Hirokawa, N. 1998, 'Design Optimization of Multi-link Suspension System for Total Vehicle Handling and Stability,' ALAA-98-4787.
- Kim, S. J., Park, C.J. and Park, T. W., 1996, 'Suspension Parameter Design Using a Design of Experiments,' Transactions of Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, vol. 4, pp. 16-27.
- Gillespie, T.D., 1992, Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics, Society of Automotive Engineers Inc., pp. 195-196.